When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

klink

hk45ca

What ever happened to him?

Probably like a lot of folks, interests change, jobs change, family life changes, etc.

There are a million reasons why folks who are very active on forums become inactive or less active. It happens to all of us. Just think back at the number of clubs, organizations, sports that you were active in at some point but today you hardly ever participate in.

I have a friend who was a director of the American Kennel Club (AKC). They spent a ton of money doing surveys, statistical analysis on membership participation. He told me that their results mirrored results that other organizations had compiled. What they found was the average length of active participation in any one hobby or interest was seven years. Statistically almost everyone who began participation in an organization or hobby was gone or very inactive after seven years.

Look at RWG as and example. We have very,very few active members who have been here for more than 7 years. Because of this it is vital to encourage new members, if only to replace those that will leave. If we cannot maintain the numbers, then sadly RWG will go the way of the old TRC and some of the other early forums.

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but I feel like this is a great opportunity to address a real problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk