When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

15400 movement decoration - misspelling?

Gents, I will write this as a seperate post, since I'm not sure if it is read in the "15400 trusty" thread.

I am keen on a white 15400, read a lot, saw many of your QC pics.

But what I saw today shocked me - on several sites of our dealers, I realized that the movement decoration on the JF makers model reads "PIGUBT" instead of "PIGUET"....

can anyone confirm this?

On Toro's TF Maker pics it reads correct PIGUET : http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=15400&product_id=958

here are the questions: is it just my eyes, or is the Miyota JF really misspelled?

Also the TF seems to be thinner (10mm), cheaper, correct decoration on movement and should therefore be the better choice? I know that the overall finish is said to be better on the JF's, but PIGUBT is a dead giveway...

can you pls check and support?

many thanks, J

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Thx MP, I still hope that someone grabs his JF 15400 and take a look at the movement....

I already asked twonof our TD's, also with no response until yet...

it's simple: turn the 15400 and confirm that it has no "PIGUBT" issue...it really looks like it is misspelled from the pics....

You know this feeling when you're ready to pull the trigger and you habe to wait for answers...

thanks for reading!

J

Thx MP, I still hope that someone grabs his JF 15400 and take a look at the movement....

I already asked twonof our TD's, also with no response until yet...

it's simple: turn the 15400 and confirm that it has no "PIGUBT" issue...it really looks like it is misspelled from the pics....

You know this feeling when you're ready to pull the trigger and you habe to wait for answers...

thanks for reading!

J

I have a JF 15400 white dial, bought probably 6-7 months ago. I turned mine over and looked at the engraving. The E in Piguet is exactly like the E in Audemars. Both E's have a downward and upward stroke to the ends of the E's. I could imagine if the stamp is done incorrectly, the E could look more like a B. I looked at the engraving through an 8X loupe to be sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk