When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my rolex 1680 (modded by RolexAddict, paper Rolojack)

Dan71

Hi !

here my little project  ..:bounce:

watch rlx 1680 from josh (perfect clones) asian 2836 , than my watchsmith switched with Eta 2846 low beat

i sent it to RolexAddict for the base mod (CG, dial lume, fade insert, springbar, clark plexi, yuki insert), but than i shipped to RA for mod crown & tube with athaya.

in the pics we have also :

- paper, bill ecc by Rolojack :wub:

- only the garantie & calendar is my experiment..:blush:

-gen service box from ebay

-gen leather wallet from ebay

maybe in the future i will improve the watch, but for the moment i will stop here ..:g:

what do you think ?

IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

i forgot ..this was the previous owner..

see on the wrist..:clown:

KARAJAN.jpg

Schermata 2016-06-16 alle 09.23.11.png

Edited by Dan71

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Beone21 said:
Sweet build!
My RA says hi

Gen Dial ? But The Dial was reduce in diameter ?
Because for my 1680 i asked to RA don't touch the Dial but open the Dial Seat and the dial Windows , for avoid that the minute indices are cover ..
see the write T<25 that have more space below..

Edited by Dan71

10 minutes ago, Beone21 said:

No unfortunately because this is a mbk I do not have a gen dial. He machined a mbk ones for me to accommodate a gen dial. But not this one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

MBK dial is good, very accurate IMHO, my cartel dial instead was a fantasy dial ..

7 minutes ago, QueTip said:

Why's that mate? :o 

because RA have shipper yesterday from France, but the Poste Italiane are a risk..:(not for the custom but because there are many robbers..

now the watch have almost 1700 euro in work and part.:fool: 

Edited by Dan71
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan71 said:

because RA have shipper yesterday from France, but the Poste Italiane are a risk..:(not for the custom but because there are many robbers..

A little advice of me. When using anything regarding Italy with shipping, use UPS. A little more costly but it's worth it and your shit will deliver. Even faster than regular mail. 

In comparison with losing $1700, the 30€ extra for shipping don't hurt, do they? :p 

Arrived these evening ..

I don't know the France postal system ..

In Italy the problem is that the courrier company hire foreign worker with lower skill ..also there are warehouse robber , but in my personal experience I have received always all..

Other problem is the strict custom for law about counterfeiting ..

the watch is amazing only he have get a hit during the transport because the dial moved/ rotate on the left and the hand are free , the next days I check with my watchsmit, maybe the dial and dwo break off from movement ..

Now I tell you a little story about yesterday..

A scary evening .
The traking said that the parcel was on delivery so I wait it at home.
Than in the late afternoon the traking said delivered , i check on my mail box but I haven't received anithing!
So I call Posteitaliane and they said to send a write claim and than they will reply to me by 45 days :-(

I'm very depressed I figured that the courrier have stolen the watch and all the part end work modding was lost..or that he have delivered to another address in my city.

Than later I drag me and my depression out of my house and I check the mail box and i found the parcel ! The driver maybe was on delay and don't wait my sign for acceptance ..

Bad experience guys ..

I forgot to mention ( if isn't contrary to rwg rule ) that the problem on the dial/ movement that collapsed throughout the journey France - Italy I suppose for a bump , was fix today by my Italy friend nick : "Harleysta91" "Orologiaio" on RWI "la dolce vita" section.

see him during operation :clap3:39513771b44c1d9f312126ee9f646517.jpg

Edited by Dan71

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...