When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PLEASE help!

Hi guys, I have only just discovered this forum site today and it seems like a godsend considering I have been spending HOURS on replica sites cyphering through what seems accurate. I have been looking at the sites; elitereplicawatch.co and swisstime.sr where their AP's reach about $1200-$1500 for their highest grade clones. My question is how accurate are these? Are the materials pretty much identical (apart from Gold etc)? If I am looking for the best of the best replica which route do you guys take? Forgive my 'noobness', thank you!

2 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

Contact @Legend and give him your budget and requirements, see if they are in-line, and see if he will help you with a franken AP. 

There is no better source on our board for AP. Welcome and good luck :)

Ah thanks kindly A!

New guys should read and do their homework, instead of approaching me with a thousand questions, and at the end of the day, ride off thanklessly without a backward glance. This has happened enough for me to voice out against this frivolous practice.

@APlover, approach me only when you have done your due research. I am NOT an information source for new guys, and I am NOT the RWG wikipedia. I WILL entertain questions if I know you, or have seen you around enough, and I do not dislike you. Thank you kindly for your understanding.

• Like 2

@Legend I am sorry but you're approach is strange and slightly judgmental. As much as I am 'new guy' to this forum and to the replica world, I am CERTAINLY not a 'new guy' to the watch market, I have owned and own quite a few high end watches (numerous AP's) and unfortunately I have had to sell them to free up some cash flow for development on my properties. I am MORE than happy to pay for a Franken as I miss my ROO's and would much rather part with 20-25% of the RRP of a gen AP (dependent on the work and parts needed) right now for an everyday watch. You have a peculiar mindset to earning money for a niche market you have access to. I look forward to the day where I can turn away $4500-6500+ just to merely be supercilious. Have a good day  :-)

Edited by APlover

APlover, welcome aboard! We try hard to take a more thoughtful approach to watches here, and if you stick around you'll find we really don't even talk much about replicas. Usually it's "franken" pieces being painstakingly assembled with attention to the smallest details. That means the boys here are a treasure trove of arcane minutiae. But remember to treat that information as the valuable commodity it is; the people that know it, have earned the knowledge the hard way.

It's frustratingly common to have people flit in, pick our experts' brains, and disappear. Our effort is given to be good hosts, but no reciprocal effort is made to stick around and be good guests ... and eventually honored members.

Yes, you've lucked upon possibly the most knowledgeable group of AP enthusiasts in the world. Make sure you're well informed so you bring something to the table instead of just picking brains, picking a watch, and disappearing.

We'd love to have you stick around. Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. Make this place your home online.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, APlover said:

@Legend I am sorry but you're approach is strange and slightly judgmental. As much as I am 'new guy' to this forum and to the replica world, I am CERTAINLY not a 'new guy' to the watch market, I have owned and own quite a few high end watches (numerous AP's) and unfortunately I have had to sell them to free up some cash flow for development on my properties. I am MORE than happy to pay for a Franken as I miss my ROO's and would much rather part with 20-25% of the RRP of a gen AP (dependent on the work and parts needed) right now for an everyday watch. You have a peculiar mindset to earning money for a niche market you have access to. I look forward to the day where I can turn away $4500-6500+ just to merely be supercilious. Have a good day  :-)

I have no qualms about what you are willing or able to purchase, please don't get me wrong. 

Neither have I judged you. I merely told you to do your homework, and don't approach me with questions that can be answered through research. This is my right. I do not make my money from making or selling frankens, so yes, turning away whatever amount for me is fine, I do not need that amount of money. And definitely I do not need that money from you.  

To illustrate my point, I would ask you to approach the franken owners here and try to buy one of their pieces. No doubt you might be able to eventually, but you can be sure that they would proceed with circumspect regarding communicating and dealing with you as the potential buyer when you are new. This is the natural way of trading in the community. You may not be new to the watch game, but unless you post your entire resume here, what do we have to go by in determining who you are except the join date and post count? Did you bother to give any introduction beforehand? 

If you are here to make enemies, its your call and I definitely respect your right. I stand by what I said about the new guys. I do not see anything judgmental about what I said when I was merely telling you how not to approach me, before you, like the scores of newbies before you, do it. 

You have a lovely day too, and its Friday here. I would gladly get you a beer if you are in my area. No need to get uptight, when an ice cold one would relax one very well. ;)

• Like 1

Hi APlover, welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of knowledge on AP here. Nobody here is going to make you grovel or hold a grudge, we were all new members once. However you have just walked into a clubhouse and without even saying hello you have expected everyone to drop everything and march to your agenda. I'm sure you did not mean to come across like this at all and would not do so in real life. Legend is highly knowledgable about AP, how to get frankens built and who can supply what. He is also an excellent member of the Crew (moderator or administrator if you like). To do this he gives hours of his free time without monetary reward. I also happen to know he owns several high end watches, AP, Rolex and probably others, so whatever he does for a living probably takes up a lot of his time.

Please consider posting a new member post and say hello, then read a selection of threads, perhaps then you will find Legend to be the outstandingly helpful gentleman the rest of us know.

• Like 2

@APlover Welcome to this forum. Like yourself, I'm also a newbie to this site. But trust me, @Legend is one of the friendliest guy around with an encyclopedic knowledge about watches. If you want to figure out it works here, I strongly suggest you take your time to browse through the forum first. Just my two cents worth :)

• Like 1

@sogeha and@flamengoblaze, thank you kindly for your input. I remember speaking with Mr Flamengoblaze via PM and I think we had a good exchange. It is all about the approach. ;)

I definitely had no intention of putting aplover down. I've sent him a PM to better explain what I meant. Too bad beers are not allowed to be sent via PMs too, perhaps@nanuq could look into fixing that soon.

Thank you once again guys for believing me and understanding what I'm like. I really appreciate it.

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I can see your side and where @Legend was coming from. Embarrassingly enough for me this is actually my first ever interaction with any sort of forum in my life! So I am realizing there are certain codes and conducts to these and respectfully you guys have earned your places here. As a brief intro about myself, I am a Brit living in USA. I have a huge penchant for watches and unfortunately many of my peers do not share quite the passion I have. I am very very keen to learn about this side of the industry! And I would love to join all you guys for a beer if only possible! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, APlover said:

Hi guys, I can see your side and where @Legend was coming from. Embarrassingly enough for me this is actually my first ever interaction with any sort of forum in my life! So I am realizing there are certain codes and conducts to these and respectfully you guys have earned your places here. As a brief intro about myself, I am a Brit living in USA. I have a huge penchant for watches and unfortunately many of my peers do not share quite the passion I have. I am very very keen to learn about this side of the industry! And I would love to join all you guys for a beer if only possible! 

Great comeback, I'm really glad you stuck around rather than cutting and running. Case closed and forgotten. Welcome to the forum. I'm a long time expat Brit as well BTW

I just realised it is Legends place to say case closed not mine, but I'm sure he and all my fellow members will feel the same.

• Like 1

@Sogeha great to see another Brit expat here! @Legend sent me a very supportive and helpful PM. I am now taking his advice and despite it being 4:30am where I am, I am trying to learn more about this Franken world (This Domi seems the man!). If anyone knows of any ROO Franken being sold I would really appreciate if I could be informed (just not the rubberclad). 

• Like 1

To the OP:

First of all be aware that it is FULL of scammer sites out there. Sites like the ones you browsed most probably are between them.

This forum (as like other "genuinely for reps" ones like repgeek, RWI or RWG.bz) have their own list of so called trusted dealers (dealers, NOT builders) where you can have watches for valid prices (set from the factories that build them). Often a TD works on multiple forums (such is for InTime -Ryan-, Torobravo, TrustyTime -Andrew-, Supermirrors -Sead- etc).

The best stock APs now are practically all from JFactory and can be had from any of those TDs.

Do NOT search Google for such dealers: there are many sites with similar names and graphics like those of the TDs but they are scammers. So ALWAYS look in here to get the right URL/address.

Also learn that not always a watch that is on display at a TD site means it is available, so get used to ask for availability before to wire money.

The process will be like:

- you ask for the availability

- td says the watch is available

- you order it and pay

- the TD goes to the factory and get it (it may happen that the last ones were sold in the meantime so the TD comes back and says "not available anymore" and you can choose another one or ask for refund)

- he sends to your mail pics of the watch he is going to send you

- you check if all is fine (in relation to the rep model you have chosen, NOT in relation to the gen one!) and if so give him the green light

- he ships the watch and in some time (if customs will not get in the middle) you will have it.

My little AP and IWC collection says hello :)

0fa99bf7643b2b84658809a6ba0cd7f6.jpg

Great comeback, I'm really glad you stuck around rather than cutting and running. Case closed and forgotten. Welcome to the forum. I'm a long time expat Brit as well BTW

I just realised it is Legends place to say case closed not mine, but I'm sure he and all my fellow members will feel the same.

You spoke well and yes feel free to speak for me! Now where's that beer already?

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.

I'm quitting working soon and plan to travel Asia. I'd love to share a beer with you then brother.

If by Asia you mean Singapore bro, please let me know. We shall have steak and beer and gossip about how supercilious@aplover really is.

• Like 1