When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Frequent travellers ?

bjarneb

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2016 at 1:46 AM, bjarneb said:

Anyone else who travel a lot ?
Would be cool to discuss some experiences on cities, hotels, airplane companies etc ..

Thailand, Qatar Airways and Hilton are my prefered choices ..
Have also learned to stay away from Air France ;)

I often travel (both for work and leisure). I also work for a major European airline company. 

What experiences do you want to share?

8 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

I travel around Europe a lot and occasionally further afield

Just got back from Southern France and planning to fly down under in February.

Never been to Ireland though. This weekend I had a nice chat with a Hungarian guy who lived in Dublin, but he said you can easily explore the whole city in 2 days. (?)

Alaska seems cool actually, want to go there fishing some day. Also, every time I fly above New Founland and see all the small lakes I wish I could jump of the plane with a parachute, a fishing rod and a small tent :)

However, going to my favourite country Thailand again in some days. Business/leasure trip, flying with Thai Airways 777.
For those who have never been to Thailand .. you just have to go there some day, it is fantastic. And the people are the kindest there is :)

11 hours ago, Nanuq said:

You'd love the fishing here. Those small lakes are loaded with fat Grayling. But the mosquitos will eat you alive!

Mosquitos can ruin a good trip for sure. However, I bought some mosquito spray in Thailand which is awesome. It's probably not very healthy to use but it keeps the mosquitos far away :) 

On 10/8/2016 at 0:46 AM, bjarneb said:

However, going to my favourite country Thailand again in some days. Business/leasure trip, flying with Thai Airways 777.
For those who have never been to Thailand .. you just have to go there some day, it is fantastic. And the people are the kindest there is :)

The food is delicious as well. Only for that I would consider moving there. Did you already visited the Chiang Mai-area?

You cannot go wrong by flying Thai. :)

Thai Airways is a pure pleasure to fly with for sure :)

Never been north of Bangkok actually, so Chiang Mai is one of the places I will visit sooner or later.

I usually stay in BKK because of business, but have been at Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Mak and Hua Hin earlier, when I had time to get away for some days. This time I will spend a week in Krabi during the trip since I still got one week of holidays to spend.

I will move there too, hehe. Food is one goos reason, but the people is what attracts me with the country. I don't think you can find a country with more friendly people than Thais :)

On 10/13/2016 at 0:49 AM, bjarneb said:

Never been north of Bangkok actually, so Chiang Mai is one of the places I will visit sooner or later.

Please do.

Grab a train in the morning from Hua Lamphong train station to Ayutthaya for a few bucks. Meet one of the many guides over there to drive you around in his tuktuk and continue your journey by nighttrain to Chiang Mai.

Worth!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. Will definatelly check it out on my next trip. This trip is already fully booked though, leaving BKK for Krabi today.

Have always stayed at JW Marriott in Sukhumvit on my trips here (more than 100 nights during last 2 years). But when I stayed there last time they cheated me and didnt respect the rate which was agreed. So this time I stayed at Hilton Milennium by the river. And when coming back from Krabi we will stay at W. Trying to find a new "home away from home" in BKK after Marriott let me down. Lots of hotels to choose from for sure !!

On 10/21/2016 at 8:51 PM, bjarneb said:

Thanks for the tips. Will definatelly check it out on my next trip. This trip is already fully booked though, leaving BKK for Krabi today.

Have always stayed at JW Marriott in Sukhumvit on my trips here (more than 100 nights during last 2 years). But when I stayed there last time they cheated me and didnt respect the rate which was agreed. So this time I stayed at Hilton Milennium by the river. And when coming back from Krabi we will stay at W. Trying to find a new "home away from home" in BKK after Marriott let me down. Lots of hotels to choose from for sure !!

this is all you need

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d302770-Reviews-The_Sukhothai_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...