When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group buy: Tempus Machina 216A (none left) and 809H (1/5 left) also 29mmETA Gilt 6538 (3/5 left)dials?

hologramet

Sorry for triple posting this, but since there are several threads regarding my Tempus Machina builds, I figured.. Where should I write it?

---

NEWS

5 dials of 216A and 5 dials 809H are on the way. On ETA-feet only.

1) Noob v7 114060 is only available with A2836 (as far as I know)
2) There would be another MOQ of 5 dials to make 5 3135-dials.
3) I can't find any sterile dials on 3135-feet for an accetable price.

Currently reverse-"engineering" the 809H dial using mix and match of segments from different dials.

Hopefully a small "group buy" can be made, checking with Nanuq as we speak. Why? Well last time I made dials with HR and had them lumed by Big Daz I lost 400 USD on making an extra set of dial + hands because someone who really wanted one, then fell through. I donated this set to the forum and i think StoneP is making a simple 216A for an upcoming raffle.

Price:

1) About 200 USD unlumed per piece. (+ shipping)

2) Option: Possible to add lume with real Superluminova C1 "puffy"/"creamy". Price approximative 100EUR incl. shipping
> The deal is BYOH (bring your own hands). Lume of them is included in the price. BP-hands 116613/8 with ETA size can be bought at the same time as the 114060 (so add that), 
Why? 1) they don't use Superluminova 2) their lume plots have a tendency to loosen during shipping (2/8 dials I've received have had this problem)

----

The small print:

I'm checking with various modders on the forums to see if I can provide a "whole" package for those interested. That means I can arrange a price with different guys (hopefully), which makes it much simpler for them and for you. This to provide an "all included"-price so you know what you're getting in to.

To clarify:
1) I will only get dials made, as there is a MOQ from the shop.

2) This is not an attempt to make money. All the hours I've put in to the dials and details would have since long bought me a gen 114060 if I would have worked instead. But what's the fun in that.

3) As we all know, I can only guarantee that I do my best with the sketches. I can't promise anything when it comes to the results they produce, neither can I promise anything regarding the lume job. However, you can rest assured that it's in my best interest to get it as good as possible. Since I don't know of any other option to get these dials done in gilt and on ETA-dials.

Therefore, this is just an show of interest... Still up to Nanuq and/or rest of admins/mods to give approval before any cash what-so-ever is moved.

Nanuq has given the go sign, I'm going to map up a smart way of doing this with a realistic time schedule. 

216A
1) hologramet
2) aphilllipe
3) ww12345
4) ant1
5) GBOGH (no lume job)

FULL

809H
1) hologramet
2) DVNE?
3) aphillipe
4) ww12345
5) ---

Possible option if interest is shown: 29mm 6538 Red 200/660-dial on ETA

1) - - - 
2) dpap 
3) ww12345? 
4) ---
5) ---

• Like 1

Updated...

Nanuq has given his blessing. We are on!

--

We'll see with the 6538. Hopefully we can use their already existing dials and simply let them adapt the logo, text etc to a tiny bit larger dial (a bit larger chapter ring etc...)

But first 5 interested ones, before I even put any work into that.

9 hours ago, philwongnz said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, from all the photos of gens I saw, the 6 and 9 should be the same when one is turned up side down to match the other. It seems like yours is not quite there.. SmartSelectImage_2016-09-04-23-58-51.png

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

The 3-6-9 is straight off from the original dial, the unchanged. That is the result of the angles of the original dial. 

There's no point in nitpicking small details. The dial will not be a clone. The same goes for the gold-plated look of the dial. The best possible to replicate will be a brassy gilt tone. 

Remember this is a 400-ish USD copy of a 2000+ USD dial. 

The 3-6-9 is straight off from the original dial, the unchanged. That is the result of the angles of the original dial. 

There's no point in nitpicking small details. The dial will not be a clone. The same goes for the gold-plated look of the dial. The best possible to replicate will be a brassy gilt tone. 

Remember this is a 400-ish USD copy of a 2000+ USD dial. 

Apologies, I figure I bring it to your attention just in case you didn't pick this up. Pls keep up with the good work.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, GBOGH said:

Any confirmation that this is what will be done?

I can't confirm something promised to me when there is a MOQ of 5 each. There is no "prototype" dial.

However, this is from the same shop that makes all the Vietnam dials supplied by MQ, tonnywatches, dung_chrono, gan_antique, watchpartskane/Ruby etc.etc.

You get what you pay for.

The gilt will be the brass plate underneath.

The dials will be supplied with a white base coat on the "indices/lume plot areas". The red 300/1000 will be on a white base with red raised printing over.

Other than that I can not promise anything, my word can't rely on someone else's word. The only confirmation I can give is that it is in my own interest to get the best dials possible and that includes correct dimensions/details, negative relief, correct printing, white paint for someone I trust better for the luming to do the lume on etc.etc.

/V

On 2016-08-21 at 0:26 PM, hologramet said:

216A
1) hologramet
2) aphilllipe
3) ww12345
4) ant1
5) GBOGH (no lume job)

FULL

809H
1) hologramet
2) DVNE?
3) aphillipe
4) ww12345
5) ---

Possible option if interest is shown: 29mm 6538 Red 200/660-dial on ETA

1) - - - 
2) dpap 
3) ww12345? 
4) ---
5) ---

18 hours ago, GBOGH said:

Sent PM few days ago that I'm in for the 216A. Please confirm

Yup, I had already updated the main post in regards to this. I will contact everyone regarding payment in advance this weekend. I'm stumbled with some unforseen extra work load, 

Cheers, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...