When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group buy: Tempus Machina 216A (none left) and 809H (1/5 left) also 29mmETA Gilt 6538 (3/5 left)dials?

hologramet

There is a minimum 5 buyers on the 809H, that means 6, 7, or even the 10 won't be a problem. 

However on the 216A, they're already ordered, so an extra batch would need another 5 people.

Always money up front, what I wanted to avoid, has already have issues with one buyer in the 216A that still hasn't paid. 

In the 809H batch it seems like there are 5 buyers.... 

------------------

Let's redo... 

red = spot taken, and confirmed/paid

orange,  spot taken, but not confirmed/paid (yet)

green = available

A1)  216A 29mm ETA (batch 1)

1- @hologramet

2- @GBOGH

3- @ww12345

4- @ant1

5- @aphillipe (not paid yet, has good reasons, but dial might go up for sale to other interested member soon)

A2) 216A 29mm ETA (batch 2)

1-? 

2-? 

3-? 

4-? 

5-?

B1) 809H 29mm ETA (batch 1)

1- @hologramet

2- @DVNE?

3- @aphillipe?

4- @ww12345

5- @netniet

6-? 

C1) 29mm 6538 (ETA) (batch 1)

1- @dpap

2- @ww12345

3- @hava

4-?

5-?

Can the mentioned guys above please contact me via PM and we will do the payment stuff to go ahead with 809H (since it should be full now).

What a Noob v7 can look like after some work (ignore the tooling marks, not done with it yet). In case not 100% obvious, it'll be a 809H when done. 

Looks pointy and promising! Pardon the ignorant comment, but what would be best option for other parts for this watch (bezel, insert, hands etc)? Really like the proto 216 dial, might just pull me into another project...

1 hour ago, ogladio said:

Looks pointy and promising! Pardon the ignorant comment, but what would be best option for other parts for this watch (bezel, insert, hands etc)? Really like the proto 216 dial, might just pull me into another project...

216A? 809H?

Noob v7 116610/114060

Same midcase, same "wrong" 116610 engraving, the 116610 gives the option to go gen 3130 (or semi-Yuki) 

Bezel insert Noob v7, have it relumed with Superluminova C1 for a 809H, remove pearl, fill with Epoxy, then Volvo Passion Red laquer (there's a reason for my profile picture), then finish with Loctite Superglue as a varnish (yes, it sounds crazy) but it's basically the only varnish I've found (and I've tried a million times) that lets you get a really sturdy and hard surface, that will take basically any liquid possible, and also polishable. 

Hands? Gen Rolex 116613/9 and relume, or BP ETA 116613/9 and relume or TC LV v2, gold-plated and relume

Crystal.. That's the tricky one... A real acrylic is most likely best and cheapest option. An alternative is a ProfSteve 2AR crystal (not correct shape though) 

That's about it. For 216A, a Noob v7 must be remachined.. I know a few options, but it ain't supercheap..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
And now they look even better...
Correct gloss coat and white paint filled indices for a much-much better lume look and lume strength.
IMG-20170123-WA0000 (2).jpg

Wow ! Fantastic my friend.
I'm not aware of these watches. Is this Tempus machina dial ?

• 2 weeks later...

We have some remaining spots in the 809H, I'll try to get the dials gold-plated for an even sweeter look. Also BP Gold SubC hands and lume (with tinted Superluminova BGW9)  will be included. 

Copy of the PM sent out:

Hi guys,

After finally getting good QC-pictures of the 216A-dials, they tried to "forget" about the glossy coat, and white paint filled indices like I asked. It's good that I have a good contact with my supplier... Otherwise you end up being a "naive" foreigner.

Anyways... I want that we get started on the 809H dials, since it takes forever for them to get to work.. And a 809H would be nice for the summer.

This time I have done an ever better deal.

I will supply them with hands AND Noctilumina vintage-toned BGW9-lume, and they will do the lume of hands and dials also..

I chose BGW9-color because then you don't have to relume the Noob v7-pearl which has that kind of tint. Otherwise there's the whole relume the pearl-part... And it can get quite expensive and complicated. I don't even know if TM relumed the pearl in Superluminova Vintage Radium, or if the kept the Chromalight.

So, I will supply:

Base dials (ETA-feet)

Gold ETA Sub-C hands from BP

Lume

You receive:

Finished 29mm dial with white base paint coat (the lume looks stronger and more "correct", imperfections in the application are "hidden" on the white base coat. (Looks at TM's dials in closeup and you will see that their lume application isn't perfect, but their base coat is!)

Lumed ETA-hands

The cost will be like last time, 370 USD per set. Unlumed dial without hands is still 250 USD. (I have raised the price on the lumed set, because I actually lost money on the lumed sets + hands that some members purchased last time. The hands ended up being more expensive, and the lumer that I had chosen to do the lume work was disqualified after I was informed of his poor job with another (anonymous) membåers watch dial.

The lume on the 216A will actually be done by KenNy (RWG.bz), and he know's his stuff...

So.

What I want from you is:

CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED.

CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE THE FUNDS.

When everyone has double-confirmed I will accept payment.

• 5 months later...

Me and my mate are interested in getting a 809H each. (yes I know there's only one left). Apologies I'm slightly confused of what to do as we need to buy the watch first and remove the hands so we can send them to you to lume with the dial? Also the 809H is gold colour, what's your advice on the mod for that?

Also any one know what plexi crystal to use if we use the V6 or V7 as the base? I have a modder ready on the UK (I don't want to disclosed him as I didn't as for his permission) to do the case mod (PCG and chamfering).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...