When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm PO parts help

gt_lad

Yes, welcome to the weird and whacky world of reps where nothing is as it seems (or is advertised).

The advice you get from old timers here was learned the hard way, so it's best to follow it exactly.

Try to clean the residue out from your first Evostick attempt. You might even try chasing the tube threads with a tap to get them really clean. JB wants to stick to bare metal.

Then install your tube with plenty of JB and make sure it completely fills the gap to the case. Make sure the tube is perpendicular to the case side, and clean up the nasty JB that's easy to get to. Then let it sit at least a day so it's thoroughly cured. Later you can use tools to remove extra JB and touch it up.

• 1 month later...

So tonight I finally gave it a go...  After the first attempt with Evo epoxy I cleaned the tube and threads in the case...

20161212_213059.jpg20161212_213038.jpg

Then mixed up the JB...20161212_213123.jpg

20161212_213307.jpg

20161212_220856.jpg

Then applied it to the tube and set in place. I found that it took a couple of goes until I was confident I'd used enough JB. As well as putting it on the tube I used the cocktail stick to put some in the threads of the case before putting the tube back in, as well as making sure none found its way into the tube! This first photo makes it look like I've been a bit messy with the JB but trust me I haven't, the metal surrounding the tube is clean and free of any over spill.

20161212_220255.jpg

Below you can just about see the JB filling the small gaps the gen part doesn't...

20161212_220507.jpg

Let's hope that once it cures it will have done the job?!

Edited by gt_lad