When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 16610 (former LV) cookbook

docthor

Hey guys :),

I'd like to build me a nice franken LV (16610) and want to hear your thoughts/input/ideas to my recipe :)

Just got me a gen Maxi dial and want to add:

TC or Sean midcase

TC or gen bezel assembly

TC LV v2 inlay

Gen crystal

Gen hands

Gen crown

TC tube

Yuki 3135

Gen DW

TC v5 bracelet

What you say guys...

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

A couple of respected members have noticed issues with TC cases, then TC significantly raised his game. I was seriously on the point of ordering, because 16610 is the last Rolex sub I really love, then TC goes AWOL. I'm really hoping he is okay, not in trouble and will resurface again before long, but for now the party seems to be stopped.

5 hours ago, Sogeha said:

A couple of respected members have noticed issues with TC cases, then TC significantly raised his game. I was seriously on the point of ordering, because 16610 is the last Rolex sub I really love, then TC goes AWOL. I'm really hoping he is okay, not in trouble and will resurface again before long, but for now the party seems to be stopped.

Wow, I've been off of the forum for a while and missed this. How long has Tom been AWOL?

Go for a Sean case worth it

i own  a superfranken LV with This case and a tc wont cut it The same as a good Sean just be careful not to jump on a so Called modified ( destroyed ) Sean case most of Them are complete ruined because of so Called modders Sean cases Stock from a good batch looks perfect for a serviced case 

beveled edges only comes on a case after a polish so a great Sean is The Way to go :) 

Edited by Ezio

gen_dial2.jpegSo...gen dial arrived yesterday and it's definitely a non maxi dial :)

My specs for the franken are now:

Already in hand:

TC v7 16610

Gen crown and tube

Gen inlay

Gen crystal

Gen dial

On its way:

Gen hands

"Ordered":

Yuki 3135

Not bought yet:

Gen DW

Anything else to be added that I forgot?

On 9/22/2016 at 3:32 PM, docthor said:

Anything else to be added that I forgot?

Make sure you have the Yuki serviced and modded with gen 3135 parts. And for the sake of perfection, maybe snatch up a gen bezel assembly. I haven't seen the new TC Extreme bezel in person but the old TC bezels were meh. 

Edited by QueTip