When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6239 Yacht Master Daytona Dial Project

DinoD

Hey Guys 

Need some help getting this project off the ground.

I would like to have a perfect Yachtmaster Daytona Dial Made for a V72 movement. 

Who do you think would be the best person for the job?

Would any one else be interested in one?

Onto the photos 

e1804eb4ab7ad9c41a92449afc26ecbd.jpg
4b79ab020f25c439af304d0d831e929d.jpg
cbb7e09e868d8d0c9deade77380ce94d.jpg
71f150e1fb9181d514655156d439abc7.jpg
7cc64bc0d0a120a688c002b46d9d7110.jpeg
05253e223daef3211a83709722f0c66d.jpg
262846dc3b135ea30df12af2b1cbef65.jpg

What watch is that blue one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no idea how i would do the blue subdials texture. the ym dial can be done with decals though. will just need to add another layer of text/image on an existing dial.

I am firstly interested in the Yachtmaster dial.

I would prefer to have the dial completely pad printed or what ever way it would have actually been done.

As far as I know that is a general description of MQ, Phong and Tonnywatches. It is believed that they all use the same manufacturer. Tonnywatches has stated he is unable/unwilling to do small runs and one off items.

Not being sarcastic but define best. It depends how deep you want to go and how much you are willing to pay. Absolute best for dials is The Dark Lord, if you can interest him in making one, but it is a very expensive option. MQ dials are second tier, Phong's are bought in and vary. His Daytona dials seem reasonable. His sub dials aren't great IMO. Tonnywatches are very good for the money. 

If you read Hologramet's Tempus Machina project, it would seem that not only does Helenarou do small runs (five dials I believe), but the quality can be very acceptable if you have a design and set clear expectations.

Another possible is to look at a dial refinishing company. If you want Rolex on the dial, they will only do it on a genuine Rolex dial, but you could possibly get a damaged one and they are in the business of one offs.

As far as I know that is a general description of MQ, Phong and Tonnywatches. It is believed that they all use the same manufacturer. Tonnywatches has stated he is unable/unwilling to do small runs and one off items.

Not being sarcastic but define best. It depends how deep you want to go and how much you are willing to pay. Absolute best for dials is The Dark Lord, if you can interest him in making one, but it is a very expensive option. MQ dials are second tier, Phong's are bought in and vary. His Daytona dials seem reasonable. His sub dials aren't great IMO. Tonnywatches are very good for the money. 
If you read Hologramet's Tempus Machina project, it would seem that not only does Helenarou do small runs (five dials I believe), but the quality can be very acceptable if you have a design and set clear expectations.
Another possible is to look at a dial refinishing company. If you want Rolex on the dial, they will only do it on a genuine Rolex dial, but you could possibly get a damaged one and they are in the business of one offs.

Thanks for the great info.

By best I mean great dial and fair price nothing to crazy $$$$$

Who is this Dark Lord? How can he be reached??

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DinoD said:

Update!!!

Have a look at the dial progress thus far let me know what you think compared to GEN on far left.
97e002dff0cdb238c623f13c7d85df84.jpg

Picture not loading for me either. Check your links.

1 minute ago, DinoD said:

Have no idea why it's not loading in tapa

I am viewing from a computer & your previous link did not work for me either. However, the new 1 you just posted IS working.

Looks good so far.