When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone got a gold 5513 ?

StormTooper4

18 minutes ago, alligoat said:

I've never seen a gold 5513, so I'm thinking it's a fantasy build. There was a gold 1680, so with that case you could do the build. The bezel insert is silver, but Rolex does make a gold one. Never seen a rep gold case for a 1680/5513.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say because I'm not the most knowledgable around here and Rolex keeps throwing curved balls with white dials, odd prototypes and one offs. It is not inconceivable that a genuine gold 5513 might exist. I have never heard of one and know a few places that would do an aftermarket gold case.

i have seen an Internet picture of an allegedly genuine gold 1680. Oddballs do appear, but until verified, we have to believe 5513 was not made in gold.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say because I'm not the most knowledgable around here and Rolex keeps throwing curved balls with white dials, odd prototypes and one offs. It is not inconceivable that a genuine gold 5513 might exist. I have never heard of one and know a few places that would do an aftermarket gold case.

i have seen an Internet picture of an allegedly genuine gold 1680. Oddballs do appear, but until verified, we have to believe 5513 was not made in gold.

A lot of "prototypes" are created, especially the RPR guys are great with them. Just search for the PanAm Daytona..

Also the above build should be possible, as mentioned above 1680 comes in gold (nipple dial). If you don't care about the engraving which will say 1680,all the modder needs to do is fit a 5513 dial and a 1520 or 1530? The case should take it. But is a bit silly when a 5513 is worth less than a gold 1680,but again is fun I suppose.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

"If you don't care about the engraving which will say 1680,all the modder needs to do is fit a 5513 dial and a 1520 or 1530? The case should take it."

You would run into trouble with the 5513 dial being too small (26.0mm dial and 26.2mm dial opening) and a 1520/30 would be too thin for the 1680 case.  You would need to use a movement with a date wheel spacer, date movement center wheel, and canon pinion.  It would be an expen$ive project.  Probably cheaper to go with an 18k aftmkt modern submariner case with 3135 or something similar.  There used to be quite a few of them around when gold was more reasonably priced.

"If you don't care about the engraving which will say 1680,all the modder needs to do is fit a 5513 dial and a 1520 or 1530? The case should take it."
You would run into trouble with the 5513 dial being too small (26.0mm dial and 26.2mm dial opening) and a 1520/30 would be too thin for the 1680 case.  You would need to use a movement with a date wheel spacer, date movement center wheel, and canon pinion.  It would be an expen$ive project.  Probably cheaper to go with an 18k aftmkt modern submariner case with 3135 or something similar.  There used to be quite a few of them around when gold was more reasonably priced.

Funny the ad says 1680??? Thanks for the info above

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk