When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Daytona 6263 Hunt (DW/SPinmaster/Kenny/Watchguyusa1) Anyone else?

TheSociety

37 minutes ago, TheSociety said:

@freddy333 so sick!

Per your PM -
The non-Newman 6239 came from Japan several years ago (I cannot remember the seller's name, but, if I recall correctly, he deals only with Asian-based buyers) & is powered by a modified 7750 (I removed the auto-wind module, effectively turning it into a manual-wind & reducing the movement height allowing for the fitment of a gen-style/sized caseback) & is fitted with the following genuine Rolex parts: crystal, bracelet, crown/tube & pushers.

The remaining 3 are powered by Valjoux 72s (the base movements for all 62xx Daytonas) with modded MQ dials (I swapped the coronets for gens & painted the index markers on the black dials) & fitted with the following genuine Rolex parts: crystal, hands (for 2 of them, but I forget which 2?), bracelet, crown/tube & pushers.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, freddy333 said:

Per your PM -
The non-Newman 6239 came from Japan several years ago (I cannot remember the seller's name, but, if I recall correctly, he deals only with Asian-based buyers) & is powered by a modified 7750 (I removed the auto-wind module, effectively turning it into a manual-wind & reducing the movement height allowing for the fitment of a gen-style/sized caseback) & is fitted with the following genuine Rolex parts: crystal, bracelet, crown/tube & pushers.

The remaining 3 are powered by Valjoux 72s (the base movements for all 62xx Daytonas) with modded MQ dials (I swapped the coronets for gens & painted the index markers on the black dials) & fitted with the following genuine Rolex parts: crystal, hands (for 2 of them, but I forget which 2?), bracelet, crown/tube & pushers.

Damn, I thought you was an Ivan dial man!

Didn't know this thread blew up! I'll join in

This is a black 6263 DW I had about a year ago, sold it back to the guy who sold it to me and I've regretted ever since.

I'll post some pics of my panda when it arrives in a couple days

ec00502f7330bf04998d21c0d60023e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, JBowen said:

ec00502f7330bf04998d21c0d60023e5.jpg

Interesting dial. The subdials appear to be deeper than the dial face, which would be ideal for a Newman, but, unfortunately, is completely wrong for a non-Newman. If only the outer minute track was at the same level (below the dial face) as the subs.............

Interesting dial. The subdials appear to be deeper than the dial face, which would be ideal for a Newman, but, unfortunately, is completely wrong for a non-Newman. If only the outer minute track was at the same level (below the dial face) as the subs.............

Yea I thought that too but didn't know a lot back then lol here is another shot of the dial. Oh and put me in that line with@thesociety !

cfcd500e44240fdc71b1502cfbe643f7.jpg

The short answer is no. The dial feet & subdial centers on the V72 & ST19, as well as the 7750, are all in slightly different locations.

So a gen dial plate, which is for a V72, would not fit a ST19 movement then....right?

So a gen dial plate, which is for a V72, would not fit a ST19 movement then....right?

Actually I'm 100% sure it fits. I read that it would need to be a cartel case to fit a gen dial. Albeit you will lose the dial feet

Are you sure your bezel is gen?

I'm 90% certain. My dad hoard vintage date just parts (he owns a bunch of gens) and regularly buy lots from eBay and elsewhere with random parts. He had this sitting in his parts box for maybe 10 years and it happen to be the one I need so I didn't mind - it looks way better than the One that was on there (I was getting ready to buy a Phong or equivalent).

Yodog installed it and said it must be gen. Either way I'm extremely happy that my Dad had it form me i looked at various gen 6241 bezels and couldn't be conclusive (Rolex magazine listed at least 4 variations of this bezel)

It is a nice looking bezel, but I do not believe it is genuine. On the other hand, coming from your dad is even better then gen.

Agreed! It's funny my dad gave me an 36mm date just last year a to get me into watches. Then last month I gave him a mymanmatt Franken datejusf (gen crown, gen bezel, gen dial) as a gift. He couldn't be happier. He wears it more than his Gen!