When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MyManMatt built me a bad ass Day Date

lataule

Hello all. This post for a quick follow up of MyManMatt s work. 

I registered here to get in touch with him, i m active on rwi and thought it d be easier to settle me built here. 

After long exchanges with matt, probably boring for him, i asked him to build me a 18038 day date. What i asked for? 

Black dial / yellow gold case / champagne DWOs 

Matt told me he already had the parts to make it. I was supposed to send him the money a week after our talks, waiting for some funds. Me money arrived later. Meanwhile, Matt decided to built the thing, thinking i let this project down. He sent me a message with the finished product : what a stunner. 

Money should be wired on his account tomorrow, and i cant wait to get this beauty. I will post heavy pics when i get it. 

I decided to make this quick post to show it and encourage people to go with this passionate lad. 

Matt is an incredible watch maker and an even more incredible friend! You're in good hands with Matt!

I agree 100%. I consider Matt a friend, and a true gentleman. He is without a doubt the "go to" guy for Rolex builds. Matt lives in what I would consider the Rolex capital of the world. No doubt if Texas was to have a "state watch", like a "state flower or song" Rolex would win in a landslide. Because of this there is a huge demand for Rolex watches in the area. Matt has created a very nice niche, providing high quality watches using lots of genuine parts. He has built several very nice watches for me, and I would recommend him with no hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You are not alone lataule.

I registered a few months ago for the exact same reasons. Cannot express enough what it meant to finally lay my hands on a Franken build by MMM. 

The smooth transactions with him encouraged me in the first place to become more active on this forum and `give something back to the community`.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobandshawn said:

Sorry if that was taken wrong. I have two MMM builds myself...always like to see othersl

B

I've had a couple of TPIUWOP myself. I've always thought it was very much a tongue in cheek thing.

@lataule welcome to the forum. I would love to see pictures when you get a chance.

@mymanmatt, would you consider a build thread of one of your daydates. I love your work.

Here are the first pics Matt sent me. Watch was finished... But as i am a pain in the [censored] and wanted an early 18038 with an acrylic crystal, matt found me one and is now machining the bezel to fit it. 

Once again, the built looks gorgeous and Matt is really doing his best to accomodate my needs. 

I cant wait to get it. I will also have a lovely franken 5513 gilt PCG back from servicing very soon. 

Here is the built : 

- Matt case / bezel / crown / bracelet 

- Gen dial 

- Gen hands 

- Sapphir crystal soon to be replaced by an acrylic one

- Champagne DWO's 

latule's president.JPG

18238 black pres.JPG

• 7 months later...