When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help from you Rolex experts...

docthor

The son of a good friend of mine inherited a DJ from his grandpa a few years ago.

The DJ is gen...the grandpa was some sort of special forces trainer several times for a sheik (dunno where) and it was gifted to him from this sheik.

Neither my friend nor her son know about the value of this DJ...they think of 1 grand at max...

Thing is...I don't know it's value too...but I bet you guys can tell me the direction :)

18d21f3148722e477f3a3078c3fbf467.jpg

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

Thank you :)

So with box and papers and maybe a service history it's maybe 5.5 but not more.

I thought it would be good for the young man (20) to know about the value. This watch would never be sold but knowing what it's worth is still important I'd say :)

If it's a plastic crystal 16013, wholesale is $2,200, add some for b&p. I'd figure retail at $3K to $3500usd.

If it's a 16233 with the sapphire crystal, probably add $1000 to those numbers.

Don't know if the insignia adds anything or not- maybe to the right person it would

25 minutes ago, alligoat said:

If it's a plastic crystal 16013, wholesale is $2,200, add some for b&p. I'd figure retail at $3K to $3500usd.

If it's a 16233 with the sapphire crystal, probably add $1000 to those numbers.

Don't know if the insignia adds anything or not- maybe to the right person it would

The insignia definitely adds some value, at least a couple thousand if I had to guess. Not as valuable as Kanjar subs or SDs for example but definitely demands a slight premium

12 hours ago, Revere said:

The insignia definitely adds some value, at least a couple thousand if I had to guess. Not as valuable as Kanjar subs or SDs for example but definitely demands a slight premium

Does anybody actually know what it stands for?

I know a lot of DJ`s are gifts after the Hajj but Rolex stopped producing these `special` dials after 1990 if I`m not mistaken.

Is it an insignia from KSA or UAE?

Your friends son should treasure this. That is nice looking watch sir.

Since I'm a very curious guy I searched the net to find a Rolex with a similar logo...and failed...
It looks pretty much like the usual UAE logos but I only found them colored. None of the other UAE Rolex have an only white logo. Very interesting...

i havnt seen a white one either. a couple other things that are strange about it though,

the placement of the logo seems to be too high as other examples have the hands originating from the middle of the stars

and the logo seems to have been printed over top of the present 'superlative chronometer' line of text, whereas the other dials i believe came directly from rolex with that block of text missing in order to have the printed logo with no text beneath it.

some questions that should probably be answered if you want an accurate value for the piece.