When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Small crown guards for MiniEgi?

GenTLe

I recently got the tickle for a Mini-Egi 47mm build, also considering how cheap they comes (150$ shipped now from one of my trusted TDs).

I have seen this great build from @Dlf member here: 

and I'm going toward that route.

I just don't get how/where he managed to find the smaller CG... I mean... I can reshape the "half moon" part, but I don't thing it's possible, with standard tools, to reshape also the lever...

Do you know if there is any source for a part like that?

Thanks and cheers, GenTLe

PS: I already tried to write a message to @Dlf but he has the mailbox full (or decided not to accept PMs).

19 minutes ago, ogladio said:

Nothing ready made available - think you'll need to put in a lot of elbow grease to get what you're after.

The problem isn't the elbow grease :) I already experimented it with the mods I did on my 1665 case.

The problem instead is the lever of the CG. If you look in this pic:

0f92bafcc35aaf2e2a8c04fff018231b_zpse766

you can see that the lever can't just be "filed" to the right shape, because there will remain no lever at all if I'll try to take away 2mm from it.

It has been bent (but on SS I doubt it is feasible on so small parts) or created from scratch, which isn't exactly something doable without at least a little milling machine :/

OOKKKK, forget about this thread...

I looked well pictures of the 341 on the web and the real crownguard isn't short. It's just beveled on the sides, so I'm not going to shorten the whole thing, but at most make it very flush with the case and bevel the external parts:

1-BDM-3225-officine-panerai-radiomir-egi

P1180491.jpg

Edited by GenTLe