When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Transocean Chrono and the deployment PITA

Variatio Delectat

My first Breitlings ever, two Transoceans just arrived, and even though I wanted to see them IRL to decide which one I should keep I now love them both so they are keepers all together. Well, at least for the time being... winkCA3D11ZE.gif

But, and this is a big but (with one t, guys... cool.gif), the deployment is a real PITA. WTF did they think to make that piece of metal (see pic) on the inside so that it always is supposed to hurt by design? :frusty:

I'd just love if anyone would have a solution. Any and all ideas are welcome and very well appreciated.

?i=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cephel.com%2Fimg%2Ft
?i=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cephel.com%2Fimg%2Ft

Edited by Variatio Delectat

Automatic, pretty decent dress watches indeed.

Sure, pin buckle would be an alternative, especially since the rep crap strap has to be replaced anyway. Just that I usually prefer deployments for... well, comfort. ;)

Most other brands are able to build sufficient deployments though (B&M, TAG, Omega, IWC...) so obviously no magic dust needed.

• 1 month later...
Update: I got me the aftermarket deployants from BOB, and they are indeed even better than the OEM ones. Perfectly satisfied now.

Good to know, i have always been struggeling with breitling deploy for leatherstraps. The OEM deploy for their rubberstraps are way better. Could even go as far as saying the rubber deploy is the best and most comfertable i have ever worn. One option is to grab a OEM rubberdeploy and have someone custom make leatherstraps that fit like the rubber would and you are all set. Looks killer aswell but it takes more precise measurement to pull it off.

• 5 weeks later...