When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Marijuana Legal Status UK

Anguz

Hey gang,

I am from Canada originally but relocated to the UK a few years ago for business. Out of curiousity, does anyone here based in the UK smoke cannibis and if so, how legal is it really here? If a UK cop caught you with a gram or two, what would they do to you? In Canada, it is a slap on the wrist!

Cheers!

korean-chicken-beer.jpg

1 hour ago, Anguz said:

Hey gang,

I am from Canada originally but relocated to the UK a few years ago for business. Out of curiousity, does anyone here based in the UK smoke cannibis and if so, how legal is it really here? If a UK cop caught you with a gram or two, what would they do to you? In Canada, it is a slap on the wrist!

Cheers!

korean-chicken-beer.jpg

By the way, I am not advocating and/or opposing cannabis in any way, it is asked strictly out of curiosity.

Cheers in advance!

Depends on where you are in the UK you are really. I'm in London and the Police have way more things to worry about than someone smoking a reefer or carrying a couple of grams.

Rule of thumb is, be discreet and don't mix with idiots.

Larger cities I guess will be the same, little rural villages and people with nothing better to do & a jobsworth local copper...You'll end up with a fine or warning in no time. After that, you're a marked man ;) 

Oh, bye the way, it's illegal to be in possession. That's it.

I stopped smoking 10 years back, actually got fed up with it.

15 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Getting caught with a gram in Southern Ireland can lead to prison, but smoking is still rife especially among the under 35s. I haven't smoked anything in more than a decade, my only vices are red wine, watches and books. Sad really.

16 hours ago, ceejay said:

Depends on where you are in the UK you are really. I'm in London and the Police have way more things to worry about than someone smoking a reefer or carrying a couple of grams.

Rule of thumb is, be discreet and don't mix with idiots.

Larger cities I guess will be the same, little rural villages and people with nothing better to do & a jobsworth local copper...You'll end up with a fine or warning in no time. After that, you're a marked man ;) 

Oh, bye the way, it's illegal to be in possession. That's it.

I stopped smoking 10 years back, actually got fed up with it.

Cheers fella's. I appreciate the feedback.

Keep your stick on the ice!