When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch timing app

Nanuq

I'm trying not to READ too loud too, are you getting good readings over there?

Not really, last night i had to wait until my wife and daughter went to bed to get really quiet and have a good read and it didn't read in two watches only had a good read in one.

Not really, last night i had to wait until my wife and daughter went to bed to get really quiet and have a good read and it didn't read in two watches only had a good read in one.

That's the problem with all of these phone apps. The microphone just isn't sensitive enough to get a consistent reading.

I have tried several of them, and none of them work consistently. Most environments are inherently noisy, and these just won't work if their is any ambient noise at all. I even tried adding a cheap microphone to no avail. I have one watch, a gen Maurice LaCroix with a handwind pocket watch movement, every app will time this watch, because it's a lot louder than my others, but it's one of the only ones that works consistently with the timer apps.

Honestly, if you are seriously trying to get accurate accuracy measurements, the only way to go is a Timegrapher. However, unless you have the expertise and the tools to regulate your watches, having any sort of timing device, be it a phone app or Timegrapher, will only serve as a method to satisfy your curiosity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the problem with all of these phone apps. The microphone just isn't sensitive enough to get a consistent reading.
I have tried several of them, and none of them work consistently. Most environments are inherently noisy, and these just won't work if their is any ambient noise at all. I even tried adding a cheap microphone to no avail. I have one watch, a gen Maurice LaCroix with a handwind pocket watch movement, every app will time this watch, because it's a lot louder than my others, but it's one of the only ones that works consistently with the timer apps.
Honestly, if you are seriously trying to get accurate accuracy measurements, the only way to go is a Timegrapher. However, unless you have the expertise and the tools to regulate your watches, having any sort of timing device, be it a phone app or Timegrapher, will only serve as a method to satisfy your curiosity.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely true, it works better with some watches, it depends of how noisy is each one.
I just want to keep a record of every watch, nothing serious. I'm not by any way an expertise to regulate a watch.

• 2 weeks later...