When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai movement help needed

Nanuq

Gents, I'm sure you've all watched with glee as I ventured into the weird and inscrutable world of Panerai, starting my Illness with a beautiful engraved 604.

Then I'm sure you saw me post about this wonderful timing app I found.

Yes, two plus two equals three. In the process of adjusting my movement I did something bad to it, perhaps slipping with my screwdriver and poking the hairspring. :whistling: Were it a robust and hearty Rolex, of course it would have shrugged off my ham handed attempt. But being a pansy Panerai it succumbed to what is a normal and totally acceptable level of abuse. *cough*

The balance still turns 2 or 3 oscillations when nudged, then stops. I can't see any hairspring coils looped together, or any beard hairs caught in the escapement.

So I turn to you for advice. Who works on these things? It's the P.3000 clone movement.

Thank you!

Well with Ziggy gone, maybe mymanmatt could look at it, mikespied (Mike) would be another possibility and you could always ask automatico if he knows of anyone.

I'd never heard of the P-3000 movement so I had to look it up- developed in 2010 by Panerai, I'm surprised that it's already been cloned