When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SUB 14060-ANY GOOD REPLICA?

deathx2

About 15 years ago I bought a few '14060' from the infamous Watchlover David (aka Watchcrook David) and they turned out to be about as good as the many editions of this model that followed.  The WLD watches used the basic 16610 case with lug holes and a new swiss eta 2836-2.  The bracelets were the standard bracelet back then with solid mid links and a fair to pretty good clasp.  The dials were pretty good too except the O in rOlex was a standard round O instead of the rolex Century Bold style O.  Other than that, they were a good deal for $220 at the time.

I got a couple good eta 14060 dials from JMB a few years ago and made a couple more using 16610 cases but traded them away.  Far as I know he does not have any more.  The 16610 cases are slightly different from 14060 but they are close enough and no one ever said anything about the out of spec case or wrong font on the dial.  So...the best way to get one today is probably round up the parts and put one together.  Go with swiss eta if possible, not a clone or China 21 jewel.

As for genuine 14060...I would go with the 14060M because it has the cal 3130 where the 14060 had the cal 3000.  Same for Air King...go for the 14000M/14010M etc. 

It's a shame I can't get those dials anymore.  The last batch I got had "maxi" markers, looked good but not sure if there was a non-COSC dial with those markers in the wild or not.  If so I might be able to get some of those...

• Like 1

Never saw a maxi dial on a genuine 14060/14060M watch.  Not saying there was no such thing though.  I have a few el cheapo lug hole cases that originally had ST16 movements and I will see if my left over ruffy 14060 dial from my last screwed up no date project will fit in it.  The cases have 60 click bezels and no case clamp groove but one of them might make a good knock-arounder with a 2836 in it.  After I get about 50 projects finished. 

If the maxi markers do not leave a mark on the dial after removing them you might swap the maxi markers out for smaller markers.  If they are still using the 'never set booger glue' on markers they might come off easily (lot of ifs in this idea though).

I got a reply back from my parts guy and he said he could still get the non-COSC "Maxi" dials.  I may get a couple and try to swap markers.

You can usually poke the markers out from the back pretty easy...