When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replicas

go.usa.4520

"Where are the best quality watches online under $200?"

You will not find many mechanical watches at this price that are worth a hoot.  You might be lucky and get a mechanical replica with a '21 jewel' Asian movement that runs for a couple years, but usually not.  Otoh you might find some pretty good quartz replicas...TAG, Cartier etc but you need a good eye for details to spot the better models.  I had a genuine quartz Cartier Santos Galbee and compared it to a higher grade replica and the main difference was the genuine watch had slotted screws in the case back and the replica had Philips heads, the engravings dial etc were close.  I still have the $100 replica 10+ years later running fine with the original Hattori (Seiko) movement that came in it.  The genuine $2000 watch had a $35 Eta 956.xxx and I could see no reason to keep the genuine watch so it is long gone.  Now Cartier uses mostly 'in house' movements in order to jack the price and prevent local movement repairs.  Had a new genuine automatic Cartier Pasha in 1995 and it had a $200 Eta 2892A2 in it.  Very little real world difference now between a $4k genuine Pasha and today's $400 replica with an Asian etaclone 2824/36 except details...water resistance, dial/hand quality etc imho. 

Btw mechanical replicas in general are plagued with problems because of little or no QC, especially chronographs.  They are a lot like buying a used Seiko 5 on eBay from a guy with 1 feedback.  

Q..."who has the best sub?"   A...the rolex AD down at the mall.   :pimp: