When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Intrested In NOS SWISS ETA MOVEMENTS???

ILoveWatches!

Hey guys since eta movements have been getting harder and harder to get ahold of, ive been talking with a friend who owns a jewlery/watch repair shop and he told me he has a chance to buy around 250 NOS(New Old Stock) ETA movements most of them being High Beat 28,800 but a few 2846 21,600 beat movements i believe 50-75 of those and 10-20 real low beat 18,000 movements not sure what the movement numbers are exactly for those yet, Those real low beat movements would be perfect for vintage rolex projects. What im wondering is if anyone would be intrested in buying movements on there own for projects or whatever you need them for. I would not need any money or payment upfront just wondering if you guys had any intrest in these movements. These are NOS movements meaining they have never been used in a watch but i would still say they would need a cleaning and adjustment to make them run in tip top.

There are about 20-30 top grade finished movements like this, I also believe there are a hand full of Chronometer Movments. I will have to double check on those.

IMG_6795

The rest will be standard finish movements. These Pics are NOT of the actuall movements I will be getting they are just here to show what they will look like when it comes to finishing of the movement. I should have pics of the actuall movements after the holidays.
Image result for eta 2824 2 movement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dohdoh said:

Hey mate, sounds good! Would be good to know how much it will be per movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea thats what im waitng on as well. If we get a good price on the whole lot im hoping on keeping each movement under 180$ thats for the regular movements without any decoration or chronometer status. Those most likely will be 200$+ I will let you know ASAP.

I maybe interested, as my supplier has dried up too, managed to get the last of the 7750/53 from them, but no more 28XX, so recently invested in a batch of STP (Swiss Technology Project) Swiss Movements as a viable alternative.

29421773331_a75aabac55_h.jpgSTP Movement from Fossil STP Group by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

46 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

I could be interested in these. Also I'd like to hear your impressions of the fossil movements @SSTEEL

Will let you know my findings once my order arrives, and I have inspected them.  Will be late January now as I'm moving in a few days time.

"Actually the 2834, 24, 36, and 2671 are in good supply. The factory has increased production."

My guess is slow sales to outside companies has caused Eta movements to stack up.  Imho swatch/eta screwed themselves when they cut supplies thereby causing other movement makers to clone the out of patent Eta 28xx etc.  Now a fairly big slow down in overall watch sales (20% to 30%) plus all the non Eta clones available is making it worse.  For example, ST is having a sale of sorts on some Eta movements and is offering a new 'plain jane' Eta 2824 for $173.63 and a few with Incabloc/Geneva Waves/Pearlage with the rotor signed BTC also for $173.63 (the fancy models went fast, only one left).  Another problem is that Eta jacked prices so high that they now have to be careful about lowering movement prices so watch companies and supply houses do not lose $$ on movements they paid more for when prices were higher.  Basically what Eta has done is pizzed everyone off and shot themselves in the foot because now they can not maintain previous production levels with reduced world wide watch sales and high quality swiss made clones for sale at competing prices. 

Reality is a beech.   :pimp:

ILW"These are NOS movements meaning they have never been used in a watch but I would still say they would need a cleaning and adjustment to make them run in tip top."

The 250 watch buy may be a good deal but that is a lot of stock to move so be sure they are not widely for sale at competing prices, this is why I posted the ST prices.  I have 50+ nos Eta 28xx (mostly 2824/36 in nos watches) and many are 15 to 20 years old and will run but they all need c/o to make them reliable.  Each one needs to be taken apart/cleaned/put back together/oiled.  I have an L&R Ultramatic Ultrasonic cleaning machine and it is still no small task.  No 'Solo Lube' type jobs for me but that is sometimes what you get...read up on this method.

HA!

" Basically what Eta has done is [censored] everyone off and shot themselves in the foot because now they can not maintain previous production levels with reduced world wide watch sales and high quality swiss made clones for sale at competing prices.  "

The law of unintended consequences.

So they played hard ball with their let us say monopoly on movements created a cost effective environment for the competition to create factories by cutting supply and limiting sales, prices up. Well great news I hope the bastards get what they deserve!

• Like 1

On 12/25/2016 at 1:21 PM, Mike on a bike said:

HA!

" Basically what Eta has done is [censored] everyone off and shot themselves in the foot because now they can not maintain previous production levels with reduced world wide watch sales and high quality swiss made clones for sale at competing prices.  "

The law of unintended consequences.

So they played hard ball with their let us say monopoly on movements created a cost effective environment for the competition to create factories by cutting supply and limiting sales, prices up. Well great news I hope the bastards get what they deserve!

Yep. Swatch group made a huge mistake and I'm glad to see other companies rocketing off of it. I never new it before, but I guess I am now a fan of Fossil! Well done!

Remember when swatch group initially announced the movement freeze and sold it to everyone as if they were trying to see other watch companies spread their wings and fly on their own? Was anyone convinced or was it obvious swatch wanted to either purchase or destroy any brand not nestled under their wing? Fly... More like fall from the nest and get eaten by a cat. 

They cut off ETA movements as-if they are some sort of advanced new-age technology. It was a good scare, but ultimately they cut off their nose to spite their face. Patents.. [censored]! You want to save money and take major portions of Swiss production to China? Expect China to produce Swiss parts above and beyond those called for by the original manufacturer. You want to cut off supply on out of patent products? Expect someone to come along and supply the demand. Instead of buying or killing their competition as planned, they empowered them. ;) 

PS: To the OP, the movements would be good, but the price seems a little high to be excited over. 

Edited by P4GTR

"PS: To the OP, the movements would be good, but the price seems a little high to be excited over."

I agree.  That is why I posted about c/o needed on most of them and to check on competing prices.  When we had a watch store (closed Feb 2015), nos swiss eta movement deals were always around at low prices along with a lot of nos swiss eta powered watches.  At one time we were offered nos in box, steel and steel/gold plate Gruen watches with swiss eta 2824 date automatics (Walmart closeouts probably) for $45 each iirc (would have to look it up), 100 minimum and nos Oniss president style day/date with swiss eta 2836 for $55 each ($55 for sure on the Oniss).  There is one of the swiss Gruens on eBay now...item number  132049245694 and an Oniss item number  221999880668

Movements...we bought over 100 new Seagull ST6D and DG/NN/ST16 Miyota clone movements at $12 each for ST6D and $16 each for the others to swap out in cheapo fashion watches that we sold 6 or 7 years back.  Now the DG2813 is $47.95 or 3@ $45.95 each and the ST6D is $42.95 or 3@ $41.95 each in the 2016 C-K Co. movement catalog #45.  A guy in Miami sold us new fake quartz longines, cartier, and movado watches for $2 each back then and we bought them 100 at a time just to get the Hattori (Seiko) PC21 movements because that was less than we could get raw movements for. The PC21 is $5.50 each and 3 @ $5.25 each in the 2016 C-K catalog.  The movados had two hand PC movements and they retail for more than three hand models.  How in the world they could make $$ at those prices I will never know and it would be hard to believe some of the watch deals that are floating around even today.  Most of the wholesale/closeout guys we know are HQ'd in NYC.  We could get better deals on Japan quartz/China mech movements if we bought more but we did not need 1000 movements at a time.  One thousand PC21 movements were about $2.50 each then and high quality Japan made 377 batts were $150 for 1000.  The batts came in small white plastic trays of 500 with a thin, sticky plastic film covering them and holding them in their compartments.  Last time I called on 377 batts (a few months ago) the best price was $230 for 1000.  Why the increase?  No mercury!

• Like 1