When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guys unfortunately we do not run on love and unlike some other boards we are nonprofit but we need you to support our home. Now go down the bottom of the home page to see who is here plenty of guys but very very few contributing members. Now I see names I do not know not regular posters OK but then I see guys I know for years w/ no VIP, WTF is up with that in plain english. You are here discussing builds , buying watches, gaining knowledge for years but can not kick in 99 cents a week to help out. Yes under 5 bucks a month for a VIP come on you know that is not right others are paying for you and I am running raffles to keep us afloat. We were in the red the last three months running. So go grab one help out show respect for your fellow members who have one and yourself.

Link to our store: http://rwg.cc/store/

• Like 1

No thank you BD.

2 hours ago, martijnp said:

It's pity we have to ask for donations to run the forums. But come on guys, help RWG! 

Yes Marti it is, we have enough guys that are here regularly to keep the place a float but as I noted very few contributing ones. Guys 50 bucks a year 52 weeks in a year, less than a buck a week!

Well said Mike. Our Boss runs this place out of his pocket and it's a pretty cheap price we pay to keep the servers humming.

Pony up boys, let's send the Boss a nice year end check. Everyone can use some help this time of year.

I agree with Mike. We can't continue this forum without the help of the members here who derive the benefits.
To everyone who is not a VIP , think back over the time that you have been here, how much valuable information have you gained? How much have you saved by not getting scammed, mainly because you were able to buy watches safely from trusted dealers or members. I doubt that there are very many who can truthfully say that they haven't gotten far more than 50 bucks worth of information, advice and help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't spend as much time here as I have been playing with gens lately, but this forum has provided with with so much knowledge, enjoyment and friendships over the years I still contribute to it and will continue to do so.
When I was a total noob on vintage watches this forum helped me more than any other place on the net in regards to vintage Rolex. Many, many experts here who have taken time to help me along the way.
Always be grateful to this place and the members here.
Anyone that spends time here regularly should contribute.

RWG provides a wealth of knowledge and advice. Beyond that it's a friendly forum where some great people hang out. For me getting to know some great people and make friends here is worth the fee alone. What's $5 a month - a cup of coffee a week - or in the U.K. about one posh cup a month! 

• Like 1

I know I was guilty when I was lurking and didn't contribute. However you make a really good point Mike. If you're here and can afford to buy replicas for fun, $50 for an entire year is really not asking for much. I can't tell if I'm still a contributing member by looking at Tapatalk, but if I'm not right now, I'll fix that straight away.

9 hours ago, kernow said:

RWG provides a wealth of knowledge and advice. Beyond that it's a friendly forum where some great people hang out. For me getting to know some great people and make friends here is worth the fee alone. What's $5 a month - a cup of coffee a week - or in the U.K. about one posh cup a month! 

Gotta say, absolutely love Costa coffee that you guys have in the U.K., beats Starbucks by miles!

17 hours ago, droptopman said:

I don't spend as much time here as I have been playing with gens lately, but this forum has provided with with so much knowledge, enjoyment and friendships over the years I still contribute to it and will continue to do so.
When I was a total noob on vintage watches this forum helped me more than any other place on the net in regards to vintage Rolex. Many, many experts here who have taken time to help me along the way.
Always be grateful to this place and the members here.
Anyone that spends time here regularly should contribute.

You're are absolutely right about this! I began my watch addiction by collecting gens (Omega and Rolex) and still do but I don't even bother joining the gen forums, I know some might dispute this but the community-sense and horological knowledge on here seem so much more 'real'...

personally I'm probably more a lurker than a contributor as such (can be seen in my post count vs join date) how ever I visit the boards pretty much everyday to look for trades or read the threads on here. Glad to support by being VIP on this great forum.

Come on guys, it's only right and fair that all of the non paying members are taking all the knowledge, learning about all different brands, different models and the tells on them, how to build frankens, AND you get to buy and sell on a board that sees very little of the scamming that the other boards have had lately.

Step up to the plate guys, we really need the help!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dude! You da man!
Alright folks, there's your opportunity to double your contribution to the forum... sign up for VIP and Legend ponies up big.
Who's first?!

$200? Big ponies for me but a drop in the ocean for what RWG needs B.
Come on guys, $5 from 5 of you and I'll send my $200 to mike on a bike!

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.