When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG 2016 awards. Let the nominations begin!

Legend

Ok guys it's the last day of the year!

We will be taking nominations for the following awards from now till 31st Jan 2017 for the below categories. You are free to nominate anyone (and any watch) you wish for any of the category, but please try to make your nomination an appropriate one.

At the end of jan 2017, we will be running 7 different polls for each of the categories and the winners at the end of a one month poll will be the ones with the highest votes in each category.

The categories are:

RWG Member of the year 2016

RWG dealer of the year 2016

RWG rep of the year 2016

RWG modder of the year 2016

RWG new member of the year 2016

RWG crew member of the year 2016

RWG veteran of the year 2016 (5 years membership and above)

Feel free to put in your nomination in the thread for any or all of the categories. We are working out the prizes for each winner!

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

Ok let me kick off with my nominations

Sogeha

I nominate Mike on a Bike as crew member of the year and@sogeha as new member of the year.
Also, I nominate@nanuq as veteran member of the year,@misiekped as modder of the year.
If the new Panerai 441 checks out (I'll know next week), then it'll get my vote for rep of the year.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

I would like to nominate @misiekped as modder of the year. His work is always outstanding, and he is a great guy to deal with.

I would like to nominate @Legend as crew member of the year. 

For rep of the year I would like to nominate the ZF IWC Big Pilots. The build quality of these are amazing, and I really like the working PR.

• Like 2

This isn't easy. I guess much as I'm not a big Panerai man, one of the newer models has to be by far the best bang for the bucks watch in terms of being most similar to genuine.

Best Mod? I wouldn't like to judge between them. Unlike other forums, we don't have any weak Mods.

our sexually desirable Rock God Modderators deserve a joint first place.

i support @Nanuq for veteran member and @misiekped as modder, but with an honourable mention to @rolojack

Member of the year, well I think of the guys who are always there with sound technical knowledge and deep understanding of tiny details. @freddy333 Daytona man of the year, @sacsah1, @QueTip, @automatico, @alligoat Also come to mind. @ssteel and @jmbseem to constantly help with watchmaking know how. @hologramet has been helpful with access to genuine parts. A big thank you to all of you. However also on the list of super helpful with technical information is @dbane883, who has also given away parts and inspired us all with simply stunning builds, so my vote for member of the year is @dbane883

Dealers, I've used a few now and had excellent service from all of them. I guess my vote goes to Rafflestime simply because Ken did the right thing by me when he could very reasonably walked away.

• Like 1

OK I'll give it a stab: (Guys try this format easy for us to count)

RWG Member of the year 2016

RWG dealer of the year 2016 Toro

RWG rep of the year 2016

RWG modder of the year 2016 Misiekeped

RWG crew member of the year 2016  Although you guys may see Legend and I very visibly in our work as we handle most of the member interaction w/ the staff Kernow our newest mod has been working like the energizer bunny hiding problem stuff only we mods can see before I even get to fix them.

RWG veteran of the year 2016 Nanuq

Going to have to think on the rest..................

It's been a really busy year for me so not had much time on here as I used to so hard for me to choose a rep of the year the rest of my choices I've based on what I see when I'm on here and members who help each other out and contribute the most as I see it, Crew member of the year for me was a hard choice as they all work hard to keep this lovely forum going  :notworthy: 

RWG Member of the year 2016 dbane883 - great skills and sound advice given freely to the forum

RWG dealer of the year 2016 Intime - used frequently this year in particular with zero issues 

RWG modder of the year 2016 Mymanmatt Misiekeped - always see stellar work from these guys

RWG crew member of the year 2016 MOAB - what more can I say apart from Legend is a close 2nd Mike :)

RWG veteran of the year 2016 Nanuq - pillar of this forum and all round nice guy too

I've had a wee think on this one ......

RWG Member of the year 2016 - not fair, so many to choose from!

RWG dealer of the year 2016 - can't answer as I've not bought anything new in 2016 (yeah tell me about it!), but if pushed then Toro as he's been great in the past  

RWG rep of the year 2016 - still thinking about it!

RWG modder of the year 2016 - too many good guys here, but SSTEEL has completed 3 great builds for me.

RWG new member of the year 2016 - Sogeha: a great addition to our corner of the web  

RWG crew member of the year 2016 - hmmm close call but MOAB & Legend (too close to split - and always offering me help.)

RWG veteran of the year 2016 (5 years membership and above) Nanuq - a true all rounder. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:34 AM, netniet said:

I would like to nominate @misiekped as modder of the year. His work is always outstanding, and he is a great guy to deal with.

I would like to nominate @Legend as crew member of the year. 

For rep of the year I would like to nominate the ZF IWC Big Pilots. The build quality of these are amazing, and I really like the working PR.

Ill second this !  Great fellas !

The categories are:
RWG Member of the year 2016 - droptopman and dbane for either making or buying, but either way showing us, some incredible time pieces in 2016.
RWG dealer of the year 2016 - Rolex they just make the best watches
RWG rep of the year 2016 - IWC 5000 series. I don't have one but with the new movement hard to argue
RWG modder of the year 2016 - Chris and Wookie bringing AP magic CONUS
RWG crew member of the year 2016 - MOB
RWG veteran of the year 2016 (5 years membership and above) - Nanuq - he's like the sunrise, he just keeps coming up.

Maybe I can fill in the position of new member of the year. Being a transfuge from RWI gives extra brownie points lol

It actually depends on how badly banned one was from RWI lol

• Like 2

It actually depends on how badly banned one was from RWI lol

If you ask Raddave it's a heavy ban. TB might also confirm. Oh wait, TB never confirms anything. He just "chime in" lol.

Ok let me kick off with my nominations

Sogeha

I nominate Mike on a Bike as crew member of the year and[mention=73322]sogeha[/mention] as new member of the year.
Also, I nominate[mention=32]nanuq[/mention] as veteran member of the year,[mention=4649]misiekped[/mention] as modder of the year.
If the new Panerai 441 checks out (I'll know next week), then it'll get my vote for rep of the year.

Why not nominate me as the one that annoyed you the most ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Why not nominate me as the one that annoyed you the most ?

Because I'm creating an RWG prison for you and paristoto. Lol

i would like to nominate@legend as the "More valuable Crew Member 2016", i must say that i have seen that little big man handle more than one situation with so much calm and always betting that the other person meant no harm that in the end he's the one running the chances of getting hurt, maybe that nomination falls short for what he really deserves, so i would appreciate if you guys help me with the correct one.........and no, there's no nominations for wrists sizes