When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And today on pieces I regret selling..

QueTip

I've never sold a watch in my life and doubt I ever will. I've still got my first watch that hasn't worked for forty years because it was a child sized, cheap POS in the first place, still got the Sekonda I got for my 15th birthday, more Seikos than is in anyway sensible, gens, reps, weak moments on eBay. I've got them all. Hoarder? Me? No not at all.

Regret a few I've sold some Gen some Rep, Tag Grand Date in particular :bangin:  sold it as I hadn't worn it for a few months and haven't been able to find the same model since, it was minty too! 
IMG_0933.jpg

Damn...that IS sharp!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

@swdivad, which model was this?? ME LIKEY!
1c9568364d4b3f53220668e857ce070a.jpg

Moved to the general discussion section as it seems more appropriate.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

I like this thread, it's a fun topic that all on here can relate to I'm sure :) 

i can honestly say that I - in some shape or form - end up regretting selling practically all watches I let go. It's one of my few hobbies that I have time for outside of work (yes I'm one of those guys that work all the time) and I absolutely love all watches, even the ones I decide to sell I love. The trip to the post office is always a bit hard for me.

Then why do I sell them if I love them so much? Well if would I let my heart lead all my bigger decisions I would be driving a 2010 Maserati GT (out of warranty) instead of a newer Mercedes (still under warranty) and I would not be able to afford my mortgage because I would be buying watches every day. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that mindset around here :):):) 

• Like 1

Damn...that IS sharp!

Looks like a PAM91, I have a Grimlock Franken 91 that is 100% a keeper. The real question is, was that a gen bracelet or a rep titanium/Ss interchanging bracelet?!?!

619e9727833b74d65529031a65e8f75a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Re my Tag above, I must say a big thank you to the op :notworthy: as a result of this thread I thought I'd try my luck and searched everywhere again for this piece and guess what after 3-4 years looking one was for sale on the bay........needless to say it just been delivered today :inverted: needs a refurb from Tag but will be minty when it comes back from them so well happy :) early birthday present from the wife, she is a keeper too! 

Thanks Quetip :partytime:

• Like 1

Oh wait, I didn't do that?  
Excuse me, must have been blind again when I posted it lmao 

It's ok brother we are here to cure the occasional blindness, deafness or silliness. You're all good bro. :)

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2017 at 11:47 AM, bbsw@rren said:

Damn...that IS sharp!

That's my first (gen) Panerai PAM 91 with custom polishing... I DO regret selling this beautiful watch, luckily, it's still with a good friend

Here's before polishing:
img1882resizejr6.jpg

It has since been restored the the original finishing...

That's my first (gen) Panerai PAM 91 with custom polishing... I DO regret selling this beautiful watch, luckily, it's still with a good friend
Here's before polishing:
img1882resizejr6.jpg

It has since been restored the the original finishing...

Makes sense now, I do like the custom polish job... might have just inspired a fantasy Franken build with the pare 086 gen dial in my parts bin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2