When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6263 Paul Newman with first gen pushers.... Getting closer to gen at a fair price?

rolojack

Here is a build based on a cartel 6263. The insert was removed and replaced by a Vietnam insert. The movement was CLEANLY converted to reposition the 6 o'clock hand. I could not resist finishing the top plate with a perlé... Even if no one will see that. Dial is from Viet nam WITH feet installed for the Venus 75. Revarnished to be more resistant and not get damaged on the edges, relumed and index finished with black enamel as it should.

No glue here !!!! All clean and tidy inside out. I can't stand chewing gum finished watches.... Subsidiary hands are from DW as cartel hands are too large for my taste. Gen 700 crown, and cartel pushers modified to look like first generation pushers. Cherry on the cake: retailed by Hermès..... ;) so we reach the half million ! :lol:

P1330135.JPG

P1330136.JPG

P1330137.JPG

P1330138.JPG

P1330139.JPG

P1330140.JPG

P1330141.JPG

P1330142.JPG

• Like 4

Screw the bevels, any piece that old will not have sharp bevels, especially out at the ends of the pieces that get the most buffing from shirt sleeves.

Look instead at the lugs and the gap where the end links fit. Those are darn sharp edges there. Think about 40 years of wiping it on your pants or shirt sleeve... those would be a little rounded over. Same goes with any sharp edges anywhere.

Great piece!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rolojack said:

I'll rework the pushers to get closer to this. I need to create a bevel. Funny how you need to do things first to notice more details....

rpr_RCO.jpg

The Mk1 pushers are my favorite, extra long and fat :)

• Like 1

Cartel with non oyster pushers? Nice! I didn't know there was one as as far I could see the only available case made by the cartel is a 6263. Could we see more please? Especially the pushers side!

The case above is a Yuki / Tonny case. Cartel does make a 6241/6239 pusher case but it's the same as atheist 6263 just with the pump pushers so the opening for the pusher is too large and hence, incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...