When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello everybody

Djc666

• Good day to everybody, this is my first post on any kind of forum, I've got the age now where I've not the energy to play sports any more, chase women or anything else that gets me out of the house, the time has come to start a hobby to keep me out of trouble, I love watches but like a large % of people don't have the cash available to purchase genuine timepieces, I am considering collecting reps to start with and see where it takes me, I'm not going to ask where to buy from I can see it's frowned upon and to be honest I think ifinding TD's myself will help me using the forum going forward, so here goes, wish me luck ! 
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum. The answer to the question you didn't ask is to decide what you fancy and then use the search box to find out all about it. I've posted how to find the TD list at least twice in the last couple of days. 

Top of any page, click Browse/forums, then scroll down a long way to watches, clothes, parts and accessories.

Anyway enjoy the hobby and let us know what you've bought and what you think of it.

Welcome aboard, it's good to have you here. As for your last question, "normal use" takes on many forms. Some will wear a watch twice/month and keep it meticulously clean; others will wear it while working on the car and rock climbing. Your mileage may vary.

I built a few really nice reps over the last 10 years and each one works perfectly every time, and I'm far from gentle with them. But I don't abuse them either.

I bet if you get a nice quality piece and keep the movement on a maintenance schedule (5 years-ish) it will outlast your affection for it.

Also: I'm sorry to say it but the search function here stinks. Google is much easier. Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome! Once you found a watch that you like you might consider getting the movement serviced by a modder or a watchsmith right away since the movements in reps often are full of dirt and dust and might even lack proper oils. This way you have better chances that the watch will last for years.

Edited by capre

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums,
You've found a good forum here my friend.Its full of VERY knowledgable people ,
It's run by some top people who have set this place up with very fair rules that try to help to protect us all when buying/selling/trading watches.I recommend you also use the search button first for any queries too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...