When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor SCG

Dlf

Have been pushed for spare time recently, but found the needed space and peace to build up another Square guard, but this time the less popular Tudor. I read somewhere that after Rolex's realization that the 100 or so units were not popular enough and the functionality was poor, they fobbed of the remaining cases to Tudor for some 7928's, I would assume that they are equally as rare as the bigger brother if not slightly more so in numbers today.

Iv'e had this on my bench for over 6 months, it takes a lot of time to make a case I'm happy with, we all understand the ocd associated with the hobby ....the more we reaserch the worse it becomes.

A few Specs.

Cartel case was taken down on the lathe and also the rehaut which I measured appropriately to my gen 5513, I assumed it was very similar as my case is a 1966 but its a good guide.

Case was laser welded, shaped, etc...

Drilled lugs 1.2mm

Fat Chamfers

tube was retapped, Adrian's crown tube installed.

Serviced 2846 eta/ homebrew mov ring made from brass ring.

dial is from Tonnywatches, I assume same as all the other Vietnamese sellers and vendors.

Hands are from TC, replated, and then I used old tritium salvaged from hands I have collected to mix and relume adding some pigment to match the dial.

Crystal is from Micheal Young

Bezel is Phong, nice and slim, and matches crown height well.

Insert for now is a Yuki,  cooked and faded, ghost tropic if you will.

bracelet is a Cartel folded link drilled, fat bars added with wso endlinks.

couple of crap iPhone pics :)

cheers.

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

Edited by Dlf
  • Like 1

@Sogeha The upper case was taken down on a lathe a few mm as I wanted the crown height to meet the bezel correctly, but more importantly to achieve the correct square guard curvature where the crown lies. The cases which i based my build off were images found from stefano mazzirol.

When I took the case down I realized that the rehaut seating was too large and luckily it's far too deep and thick compared to gen ( like when ppl complain that the crystal makes the rehaut look weird) which allowed me to also take this down dramatically also to be better proportionally to gen. 

The case is a cartel so there is only so far you can go, it's on the slim side for a scg, but I've also have found thinner cases and super fat cases in my Refrence pics.

I do all my own work, and have a  friend with a laser welder, who thinks I'm mad but let's me use his machine for cheap. 

@hologrametThe insert I put on a brass plate and heat up beneath it SLOWLY with a blow torch once it start to turn even slightly brown after 6-7 minutes I quench it in bleach, then repeat this cycle a few times, then just bleach, rinse, repeat many times untill it's pigment has created you're desired look. 

Keep in mind the insert is considerably more fragile and will bend easily after this abuse so take it easy with the heat, and installation. 

Thisnis just my method I'm sure there are many versions on a theme :) 

My pants got tighter when I saw this on Instagram. Your hands are truly blessed for you to be able to churn something out like this. Hopefully I can commission you for a build or buy this from you one day. I need this in my collection.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DVNE said:

My pants got tighter when I saw this on Instagram. Your hands are truly blessed for you to be able to churn something out like this. Hopefully I can commission you for a build or buy this from you one day. I need this in my collection.

Lol.

That's very kind pal, much appreciated!,  they are tough build if you want a top ocd result .

send me a case and we can work something out np :)