When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement band needed for Replica DeepSea Sea Dweller purchased from Watch Cartel

JLT1978

Hi everyone,

This is my first post.  I was really lucky to stumble upon this fantastic site!

I live in Toronto, and purchased my one and only replica watch to date from Watch Cartel about 4 years ago.  The watch, a DeepSea Sea Dweller, has been amazing. Unfortunately, the band recently fell apart and I am not sure what to do.  The watch still works perfectly despite my never having it serviced.

I was hoping someone could please provide me with some advice?

Watch Cartel is no longer around, so I cannot go back to them.  AnyReplicaWatches does have a replacement band.  Do you think if I order that it will fit even though I did not buy the original from that site?

Thanks in advance for your advice and look forward to getting involved in the site!

As a final note, I am looking to buy a SubMariner with a blue face and a two toned band.  Ideally with Swiss movement.  Does anyone have this watch, love it, and recommend a site from whom to purchase?  Also, I have read that Swiss movement is not worth it.  Is this really the case?

Thanks again!

Thanks for your reply.

I will continue to search and see what I can find.  I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience and found a solution, because it would be sad to just throw out the entire watch due to a faulty bracelet.

And yes, it is a real post.  The only reason I mentioned the other sites was I wanted to know if anyone had ordered either the watch from that site or the band from the other site before and their experience.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum. You might like to do a little reading in the Rolex section. Lots of members have the 16613 or 116613. If you are looking to buy a watch I know that Puretime will try to source parts if you buy a watch at the same time. Other dealers possibly would too. Talking about dealers, you are better off using Trusted dealers rather than searching the Internet.

Swiss movements aren't worth paying a dealer extra for because they are usually old reused movements, again much information about this on site.

Have a little read and if you have specific questions come back and ask, but definitely your watch does not need to die.

Edited by Sogeha

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

As I said, separate from repairing the bracelet on my Sea Dweller, I am looking to buy a blue faced Submariner.  I want it to be as high quality and close to genuine as possible.  I am having trouble deciding between all gold and two toned and have a few questions.

1) on these replica watches, does the gold flake off?  Am I better off going for two tone if I am going to wear this to work everyday and use it a lot?

2) I am having a lot of trouble telling why certain versions of the same watch are more expensive than one another and which one to buy.  For instance, this is $366 http://www.puretimewatch.pw/rolex/submariner/rolex-submariner-16613-ln-ss-and-yg-blue-dial-on-ss-and-yg-bracelet-eta2836-sku5102.html and this is $938 http://www.intime01.co/rollie/2686-submariner-bp-116613lb-blue-ss-yg-wrapped-swiss-eta-2836.html.  Both come from dealers I have read about on this site, but what am I getting for $938 that I won't be getting for $366?  I will pay the higher price if it is worthwhile as I am looking to buy something for the long term.

Thanks again!