When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genstein 116500 Black Dial

paristoto

Just now, Legend said:

Oh wow bro that looks almost gen. Mind sharing the mods? Lol

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

I think crystal and hands need an upgrade. 

Let's see if the crowd here can spot the gen parts :)

I went for a 4030 from the 116520. Couldn't source a 4130.

The 4130 is used in both the 116520 and the 116500LN brother. So you must be using the 4130 movement. Good call! ;)

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

the bumpy paint in the bezel is a dead giveaway, gen is not painted its dlc. that and the crystal has to go. if it was mine, gen bezel, crystal, the crown and the hands would have to go.

Interesting. You know a lot on Rolex. I'm impressed.
the bumpy paint in the bezel is a dead giveaway, gen is not painted its dlc. that and the crystal has to go. if it was mine, gen bezel, crystal, the crown and the hands would have to go.

Was looking good to me. You crushed my dream.

61e5317f2cee088bd09c882b1020e6ad.jpg

25 minutes ago, lofi said:

Given that these are still selling for over list, finding a genuine bezel?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Given that these are still selling for over list, finding a genuine bezel?

Gen bezel for $3000  :inverted: yeah I'm up for that ! Cracking piece apart from the obvious issues the guys have brought up so far, let's see if we can find any more !

On the plus side the bracelet looks awesome ;) sel is pretty good too !   

Gen bezel for $3000  :inverted: yeah I'm up for that ! Cracking piece apart from the obvious issues the guys have brought up so far, let's see if we can find any more !
On the plus side the bracelet looks awesome  sel is pretty good too !   

6bc425f7f085a2aefe258d5308379716.jpg

e33a5bbd2a9d3c58ee276eb8cc37884c.jpg

Yeah SEL as pretty good. Now i need to find a gen bezel .
  • Like 1

I'm with @sgtguk on this one. I love a good franken build, but this is not going to be a rare watch. At the moment collectors and show offs are falling over themselves, paying way over list price. However Rolex are not some microbrand, they produce around a million watches a year. Soon enough they will start with other Daytona versions, gold for example, or maybe they will do something truly revolutionary like a 42mm Datejust (sarcastic). Anyway in a year or less the fuss will be on something else, these will be available at list and used examples will be available. 3000 is a long way towards the 9800 list price and it will still be a rep with a frozen sub dial. Just my opinion, but enjoy the rep for what it is, it's a very nice rep.

• Like 1