When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genstein 116500 Black Dial

paristoto

5 minutes ago, QueTip said:

Lol, go from gen hands to gen hands? 

Nice gen mate. :)

Only thing not gen on this thing is the bezel. It's a 116520 on an aftermarket black bezel. 

Ok, busted.

The entire watch is gen. From bezel, to hands, to box, to warranty card...gen price too. No miracles here.

Sorry for the prank but I felt the urge to post this :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paristoto said:

Ok, busted.

The entire watch is gen. From bezel, to hands, to box, to warranty card...gen price too. No miracles here.

Sorry for the prank but I felt the urge to post this :)

I stand corrected... How didn't I see that dial... :( 

Of course, this is a 116500LN. :fool:

I wasn't completely sure on the bezel, on some pictures it looked kind of funky but on the last one it looked perfect but yet, I still assumed it was aftermarket and just a good angle because the dial confused me for a second.. 

• Like 1

yes guys the watch is gen, no doubt about it. 

The purpose of this thread, is both for education and entertainment. 

I encouraged @paristototo post this thread, to share the knowledge that the reps these days are getting very very good, and calling a gen a franken or genstein may not be disputable immediately. It would in fact be bad for our hobby if this watch is resolutely identified as a gen, by 100% of the members who reply. And that once the human mind is conditioned to do so, flaws can be spotted where there are none. 

Yes of course this is a joke, and one of the things I believe a forum should be about. 

Congrats bro for this wonderful piece. And for this prank. 

Speaking of which, you are hereby sentenced to eternity in this madhouse, where the lines between gens and reps are increasingly blurred, and reality and delusion switch places at the blink of an eye. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Legend said:

yes guys the watch is gen, no doubt about it. 

The purpose of this thread, is both for education and entertainment. 

I encouraged @paristototo post this thread, to share the knowledge that the reps these days are getting very very good, and calling a gen a franken or genstein may not be disputable immediately. It would in fact be bad for our hobby if this watch is resolutely identified as a gen, by 100% of the members who reply. And that once the human mind is conditioned to do so, flaws can be spotted where there are none. 

Yes of course this is a joke, and one of the things I believe a forum should be about. 

Congrats bro for this wonderful piece. And for this prank. 

Speaking of which, you are hereby sentenced to eternity in this madhouse, where the lines between gens and reps are increasingly blurred, and reality and delusion switch places at the blink of an eye. ;)

I think RWG should setup a Paristoto raffle so I can post more gen on the forum. For educational purposes only of course :)

What about a PP 5712? 

Madhouse, here I come.

Spent many hours on this one.
I'm asking the Rolies experts out there.
How can I make this JF 1:1 looking any better?
D9727F8D-1D7E-436E-8DEC-78956E5EC5C0_zpslestehwo.jpg
EC0CF10C-1E27-45A1-A527-C90C6B9489BE_zpsy0wrogx4.jpg
E5B52336-753A-4AD6-ABF1-BA5E41000D90_zps5urhvg9z.jpg
9C14C961-F57F-47DE-929D-2C91484F1760_zpsg8dxwfad.jpg

Haven't read the entire thread as I have no time and don't know who the OP is but the OP is trolling. The watch is gen not a franken. That's all for now.
Over n out

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pombok said:

Sogeha, the bezel alignment on that genstein is pretty spot on emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that gen looks absolutely aligned. Some of the ones on the Internet don't appear to be. Let's start a thread on yours and see what can be done. I have no idea how the bezel is fitted on the rep, but one of our brothers will. Ceramic is very brittle so If you do have a go at the alignment be careful.

5 hours ago, paristoto said:

Few close up pics:

a6ab10c07b51b355c744702ace6d5287.jpg
bc07079844bc9f8c916fed8900c04ee7.jpg
8866c61a86a579bc68a8ec8ddd160410.jpg

Oh man, i am not a Daytona guy but yours with this black bezel on black dial is really stunning; congrats on this great gen piece !

When i see a gen Rolex like this i regret one i should have kept in my box...:fool:

imagejpg4_zps13469bf8.jpg

imagejpg13_zps2623790a.jpg

• Like 2

lol brilliant post !  loved reading this.. it goes to show like some have mentioned.. we have become such critics of franken builds and reps etc.. that we can find flaws in our heads on a GEN watch lol  It shows how this hobby more so brings out the ultra watch snob in us all.  if we can pick flaws in a Gen watch. I do not doubt that 99.9% of the population will not be able to tell some of the frankens and even full on reps in our world at this stage in the game.

Beautiful watch by the way ! fell in love with this Daytona when it came out. Wanted one but zee warden would have my head on a plate like she did last month when I came home with my 13th guitar.. another Gibson Les Paul Custom shop lol :)  I swear when my little one is born next month she/he will only know her/his dad as "Idiot"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, altesporsche said:

when my little one is born next month

You can just casually drop something like that into the conversation. Congratulations and let us know.

It is the nature of things that kids think their Dad knows everything until they are about four or five, then they decide their Dads know nothing. It stays that way until they are about 35, when they finally realise that their Dad did know something after all. All my children know I'm an idiot.

@nikki6 I didn't like to say, but it made me suspicious as did the answer that the gen movement dropped right in. It doesn't fit at all well. Then legend posted LOL and I knew something was not on the level, but didn't know quite what. That a stunt like that can be pulled here says a great deal about how convincing reps have become.

1 minute ago, Sogeha said:

You can just casually drop something like that into the conversation. Congratulations and let us know.

It is the nature of things that kids think their Dad knows everything until they are about four or five, then they decide their Dads know nothing. It stays that way until they are about 35, when they finally realise that their Dad did know something after all. All my children know I'm an idiot.

Thanks mate ! im Quite excited about it! my first so excited and scared to death at the same time.  The warden is always calling me an Idiot (Jokingly of course) because im horrible for compulsive buying and buying expensive things when she thinks I shouldn't be lol   But on the other hand she still has no idea what I actually make, so I just laugh and egg her on for badness. :) 

Well I hope my little one likes me more than my niece and nephews lol they are all scared to death of me, my Nephew calls me the scary man from the Sea lol