When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from the West Coast

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm new to RWG, but not new to the world of automatic watches.  I've mainly focused on collecting JDM Orient Star's & Seiko's over the past 2 years.  Recently, my buddy loaned me his 16220 DateJust and I fell in-love.  Being an engineer, I always figured I would own a Spring Drive - Grand Seiko long before I ever purchased a Rolex (completely over-priced, IMHO).  After I discovered RWG and witnessed (via photos) the craftsmanship behind some of these REP's, that a select few members produce and sell - I was convinced I could have my cake and eat it too.

Now I just have to "get involved" in the forums so I can get a good enough reputation, so some of these quality builders will return my PM's.  ;)

Thanks guys for being so welcoming and for all the helpful suggestions!  I sent @StoneP a message regarding one of his three recent DateJust's, but I must have missed it.  I'm sure they get a flood of messages.  I wouldn't take someone with 2 posts to their name seriously, so I'll probably wait a week before I reach out to MMM.  I saw a watch he did on a different forum and knowing that this is his home - is what motivated me to sign-up and get involved with RWG.

Now, I get to figure out what I want/love the most.  So many options to choose from and I'm totally willing to pay a premium for quality work!