When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer vs. Rolex Daytona Rep

Spectral

217 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best rep ?

• Breitling Navitimer
    • Rolex Daytona

Would like to buy a good quality rep but cannot choose between the Breitling Navitimer and the Rolex Daytona... (Both with Asian 7500b movement)

Which one is the best rep ?

- Quality : which one is better made ? Which one is closer to the real watch ?

- Reliability ?

- Accuracy / Chronograph ?

I heard that Rolex reps are so good such that it is very difficult to see the difference btw. a Rolex rep and a real one. Is that true ? What about the Breitling reps ?

Does anybody have both reps ? What would you advise ?

Thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movement in the Breitling is a close copy to the original movement used in the Breitling. The Daytona's movement is a hack and not even close to a copy of the original movement. Because of this, the Daytona is going to have more problems. It has serious power reserve issues due to all of the extra gearing they hacked in there.

Now, if you can find a franken Zenith as slayer mentioned, that is the best. But, prepare to spend a ton of scratch. Not worth in IMO. Well over $1000.

The pre-2000 Daytona is quitea good rep, although not very popular. It is the rep of the Zenith movement Daytona and the 7750 is a perfectly adequate movement for this app. Everyone wants the new Daytona though.

I have not seen any pre-2000 daytonas that beat accuracy of the new Breitlings (except for vinage ones.) For some reason, they have not made a decent pre-2000 daytona.

I have not seen any pre-2000 daytonas that beat accuracy of the new Breitlings (except for vinage ones.) For some reason, they have not made a decent pre-2000 daytona.

Subdial spacing, I know. But they are reliable. The new Breitlings truly are good, though. I just traded my fully serviced new Navitimer for a 4th gen PO, and I am selling my Chrono Avenger Ti tomorrow to make room for a new DW Daytona. I do love the Breitlings and am thinking of getting a gen Montbrillant Datora later this year. If I could get a good case for that one, a gen dial and the correct ETA movement would make a convincing rep, but I can't find a halfway decent case in a rep.

Watch this space later this year for an amazing (one-off) Ulysse Nardin rep I'm working on! ;)

Thanks Ethan,

Should I look for one with seconds at nine? Josh has one like that, i assume other dealer do also, not sure if the gen is like that, perhaps at six??

All of the rep navatimers have the seconds in the right place. That is the great thing about them. They use a copy movement of the gen article.

Can't wait to see that! :Jumpy:

I'm doing up a Marine Chronometer 40mm with a gen rubber/titanium strap, gen dial, and appropriate ETA movement that Ulysse Nardin used, and am fabricating the correct bezel. The reps have awful dials as well as incorrect knurled bezel, pushers and crown. I can machine a correct bezel and adapt the case appropriately for the movement and dial and get the correct pushers and crown. The hands will be a challenge, as the reps are bad too. It's come together on the drawing board, and my brother (a machinist expert at miniature work) is going to be here for the weekend during which we will be drafting the final bezel sketches. It won't likely be done until summer, when I can spend some time at his house doing the machining.

I got my navitimer from Josh about a week and a half ago, and I am totally pleased and can't tell the difference from the real mccoy.

Which one did you get from him? He as several some with sub dials at 3,6,9 and one with subs at 6,9,12

i also have the navitimer

i really like the model.

the only thing that prevents me from wearing it is the lack of solidness

it is not as tough as a rolex rep

why?

because it doesnt have a "screw down" crown

mine got moist from wearing it and the paint inside came off!!

i swim and dive with all of my rolex reps

whats more convincing for the watch spotter than swimming with a watch for proof of authenticity