When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can't beleive this wasn't pulled

offshore

I've been following this since it was listed

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I contacted the seller ( reasonably respected here) suggesting it may be a rep- he agreed, and I have his email to prove same. I then notified ebay ( 5 days ago)

I have subsequently notified each of the buyers who started to bid it up- you can see them drop off after I mailed them- 2 responded that they didn't know, and had also reported it.

In the last 12 hours the seller even posted someone elses question- where he answered that it could be a rep!! But the bidding continued.

Sheesh- greed will even overcome sense!

I have now told the winning bidder to check authenticity- wonder if he will settle??? :huh:

offshore

Quote from the auction:

"Q: Is this watch guaranteed genuine Jeager LeCoultre? Are there any obvious blemishes on the watch when it is worn on the wrist?

31-Mar-06

A: HI,it is in good condition,however it looks like a replica, thankyou. "

I'd laugh if it was not so sad.

I used to patrol ebay, warning bidders or reporting reps. I don't bother now.

The end came for me when I saw a low-end Pam GMT attracting some big bids - it was up $3000!

I knew, for certain, that it was a rep... I have the exact same model, complete with the misplaced small second subdial - and a dozen other faults. Mine cost me $30 in Hong Kong.

So I warned all the top bidders that they were bidding on a fake, told them not to take my word for it but suggested that they do a little research before deciding what to do next.

Next time I looked at the auction, about eight of the top bidders had withdrawn. And I received several messages thanking me for my concern. Nice. I went to my pub with a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

When I returned from the pub, the auction had finished and to my astonishment, the watch had sold for $3500 - to one of the bidders that I had warned, and who had previously withdrawn his bid!

Perhaps he thought I was also bidding on the watch and wanted to scare him off. Or perhaps he was just plain stupid. Either way, I it cured me of interfering with auctions. I won't waste my time on dumkoffs.

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

time better spent counseling youth to have

safe sex.. or to abstain...

and just maybe about

as

effective..

as for eBay.. they could gave a rats.. they only pull if and when they receive 'enough'

complaints.. however, try complaining aboout a power seller.. they are golden with ebay..

LOL

: )

Life is Good!

Klink

Edited by Klink

there is not much you can do, a german auction house is selling frankens by the dozen, and gives 1 tot 2 years guearantee on them aswel. prices up tp 80.000 euros

ebay wont do a thing. when reported.

I'm glad someone else noticed this--they are up front about some of the watches being frankens. I posted about it on the old RWG, but couldn't find the link--a couple of people told me I was nuts, that no such place existed.

ebay lets as much slide as possible. the higher the reps sell for the higher their profit.

ultimately this ends up hurting ebay's reputation. If they don't care, you shouldn't either.

If your a Powerseller and accept pp, your foolproof from what I know there.