When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nickle Movement On Silix's Ultimate Po

boomer775

Quick noob question for you experts. I noticed on Silix’s site that he offers a Ultimate PO with a nickel movement and one without one. Difference is $40. I remember seeing a thread (I want to say it was related to Rolexes, but not sure…) that a nickel movement is nickel plated movement that is assembled in Switzerland. Is this the case? Does that mean a more reliable movement? Also, has anyone purchased an ultimate PO from Silix? I have heard about the raves from Andrew & Josh’s PO’s, but nothing on Silix. There is a pretty significant diff on price, especially with the non-nickel version, and was curious if there was anything other than the flawless reps of Josh and Andrew that might be the cause of it. Thanks for your help!

Edit - Sorry, but can someone bump this to the correct sub-forum - thx

Do a bit of research and you will find that the general comcensus is that the colour does not matter and you will also find that the chances of having any thing in you rep that has ever even visited switzerland is very remote. However i have a nicle movement in my railmaster, Joshes railmaster and the finish is quite good in fact very good, generaly the gold coloured ones dont look to have the best finish. Apart from finish they are all Chiss/swinese.

I am wearing a 45mm PO (regular ETA movement) from Silix this second, and it is BEAUTIFUL! ! ! I am honestly shocked by the quality of it, and for $150+shipping, it's amazing.

Also, Silix is not the first of the high profile dealers I've dealt with, and I can say for sure that I'd deal with them (Silix) again next time without hesitation. If you need any additional specifics, please feel free to PM me.

Tjabo

Are you referring to this model?

Silix 45mm PO

This is not the same Ultimate PO that Andy, Josh and others have. Two quick differences - Silix's version has the oversized Omega symbol on the dial and the pearl on the insert. I remember, once the 4th version (42mm), this was then the latest 45mm PO.