When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fresh start

topaz

having looked around this new place, and I appreciate peoples efforts cutting and pasting, I cant help but think its best to let bygones be bygones.

if you really must 'dig up the past' then I suggest you create a seperate area as an 'archived' section with comparisons etc.

sorry if you dont feel the same way, but i think it would confuse the hell out of me if i came here and had not been somewhere else since inception.

I appreciate original authors doing their own stuff as I think that's a bit different (well done Joe)

Edited by topaz

No disrespect to you Topaz, but I think that we should try to save as many of our informative posts as possible. They are a great resource and will disappear when the "old" RWG comes crashing down. True, they can be recreated over time but why reinvent the wheel.

I agree. My point is that I dont think they should be copied and pasted as a full article into the relevent section including the replies and followups, but be stored in an archive.

I'm thinking new users here, people who have never been to a replica board, its confusing me and i'm not new.

The original purpose of RWG was to simply be a social hangout...that attribute really came into it's own several months ago...got really busy, lots of traffic, etc.

I think that the FIRST and FOREMOST priority is to bring over all the info from the Repair & Upgrade section....so that the info that will help watch lovers will be preserved...after that the photogallery I, replica vs. genuine....etc...

These have less amounts of posts, so are easiest to bring over...

The social aspect of RWG will build from nothing...where as the technical info will take alot longer to start from square one...

just my opinion....nothing else. I will capitulate should anyone not concur.....

Party on...

@ Sailadams: :mellow:

In my opinion Iso succinctly summarized the key elements of our forum. Social interaction will begin and build it's own base very quickly. Referencing past history is of limited value although there were some great moments.

Retaining the hard to find knowledge around watch related matters is really important since many of the members truly come to this forum to learn.

cheers :)

having looked around this new place, and I appreciate peoples efforts cutting and pasting, I cant help but think its best to let bygones be bygones.

if you really must 'dig up the past' then I suggest you create a seperate area as an 'archived' section with comparisons etc.

sorry if you dont feel the same way, but i think it would confuse the hell out of me if i came here and had not been somewhere else since inception.

I appreciate original authors doing their own stuff as I think that's a bit different (well done Joe)

Hi Agree, let's built a new board fresh from today. An archive section would be OK though.

People SUCCESS!! GOOD WORK!! :yeah: