When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Superocean Price And Lack Or Movement Pic

ajoesmith

Ive been looking at the Breitling Superocean price $308 on josh and Andrews website, and also again a lack of Movement photo, just like the Bell and Ross supposedly ETA 2892 watch.

Why no movement pic, there is a pic of the case back removed but no movement pic??? fishy??

also the price is $308 expensive for a rep ETA 2824, no?? im used to paying in the $200 price range for this kind of movement rep. also compared to the BCE with Asian 7750 at $288. Usually chronograph watches are more expensive than standard ETA watches.

Anyone else notice this??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i heard it is because of the cost of making the case , they r supposed to be using the same steel in them as genuine , and the sapphire crsystal they r using is like double the size of normal ones , also the extra stuff like good ar coating , and the braclet is supposed to be better made with better thicker steel, lol so that is there reasoning i guess , oh well i have two coming and i paid a tad more than that actually , supply and demand i guess, mine should be here in a few days i hope

i will share them with u ok

joe

I don't know about the better and more steel and thicker crystal stuff -- just sounds like more marketing spin. Supposedly all of the quality reps are made from the same 316L steel as a majority of the SS gens, so is what the "better steel" that's in the SO? What are they saying, that the 316L steel that the other watches are supposedly made from is actually Chinese seagull 316L "steele"?

Sapphire crystals cost about 70 cents each to make -- synthetic sapphire is not a precious commodity. So it's a couple mm thicker, so what? There is probably nothing inherent in the manufacturing process that justifies a $100 per unit premium over the ultimate PO and I suspect the sellers know that. The supply and demand thing makes a lot more sense to me.

On the other hand, if (IF) the movement is gen ETA and if (IF) Trusty and Andrew are really guaranteeing this watch is a legit diving tool watch as they certainly appear to be doing, $308 seems far from outrageous to me.

The high price was being discussed over on RWI and Josh, Andrew and Angus all chimed in saying stuff like it's an exclusive, etc. The best line from Josh was "Don't be a Pug" which means I am officially no longer pussyfooting round with them.

The upshot was that four dealers (the fourth being King) have cartelled on this one and have decided to keep the price artificially high.

Yes, they really are that stupid.

Angus's words:

Dear All,

Thanks for letting me know your concerns, may I take some minutes from you to hear some explanations?

1. Maybe there are not many of you know about the price change of the ETA-28xx movements, there have been a over 100% increment on the price during the past 2 months. Some of you may have noticed the some dealers are offering Ultimate PO with Asian 21J movement, this is because the ETA-2824 movement is too expensive and the profit is going less and less.

2. Please pay a little attention to the sapphire crystal, firstly, it is 5mm thick with double-sided AR treatment, just the crystal alone costs more expensive than an Asian UNITAS Panerai replica (the entire watch). The casekit and bracelet are made by 316L solid stainless steel by CNC (which is made 100% identitcal as the genuine), some watches claimed to be made by 316L ss but turns out they are not. There are different quality hands as well, the hands on this watch is made by the best hands factory and of course they are the most expensive ones. Each single SuperOcean is tested under 10ATM pressure, time accuracy tested.

As usual, 2 SuperOceans are sending to Joe (RBJ69) for water pressure test and end user quality check. When you received the SuperOcean you will know this watch worths the cents.

And some reference for you:

1. I am 100% guarantee the price will not drop unless the shortage of ETA movement is solved. But this problem will not be solved in the near future.

2. You will never find this watch on Paul or Ruby's sites, for example as the HBB, Paul is using my pics to sell the watch but he will tell you out of stock if you place an order.

I swear I am not selling at unreasonable high profit on this watch, I got no plans on decreasing the price of my watches unless for some seasonal offers (tempary price reduction).

Please buy confidently.

Cheers,

Angus

Josh's words:

Guys .. dun be a Pug

Only 4 dealers have this watch... Slight difference in decriptions...and you guys think maybe there is 4 different versions ? noticed the simialrity in prices ? there is only 2 versions.. Swiss and Asian version...from one maker.

Someone pugtent the word "super" so I have no choice but to decribe the lume of the watch as "Outstanding" Lume.. Any relume modder in the house doing "oustanding" lume for USD 90 ? Please tell me....I do not want to step on their tail again.....

Trusty's words:

Well.. this Breitling SuperOcean is worth every single cent of your USD308. Where can you find a watch that is waterproofed to 1000m as claimed by Maker??

For your information, this price will always REMAIN at USD308. Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement is getting real scarce and even the Maker has to buy them in lots to keep. If you dont have connections with some Makers, you cannot even get a Swiss ETA 2836 cheaply. Like Josh say...there are ONLY 4 dealers offering this and they are all the same specs. Every dealer has a different way of calling it. I call my wife... DEAR.... Joshua call his wife..Darling...and the others.. I dont know. LOL...

Dont be a pug... =P

Get the Asia ETA 2813 version if you want to save some money..anyway it's 21J (28,800bph)

Cheers

Andrew

Now, remember what we've learned and read between the lines.

"Dont be a pug"..............lol

Anyway River is retired and Eddie has been busy....Ive been gone lately as well....Did EL ever chime in about all this stuff....he would have some fun with it...lol. Eddie's the type who would keep it real and never join the cartel....like some kind of lone Canadian Renegade Pimp with an Elvis helmet!

Edited by CY0811

It is several months Andrew and josh are in a kind of joint leisure, doing their own group buys (so they get a much better price from manufacturers) but increasing their prices more and more, abusing (in my opinion) of their "trusted, helpful and caring" fame.

A pity some other dealers now want to join the clan.

I do have to wonder where this is all headed when dealers rather boldly pronounce that prices will not go down on a particular watch because they have fixed them, as if that's something we should applaud. Admittedly it isn't like Chinese law is exactly state of the art when it comes to issues like antitrust or unfair competition so the dealers probably aren't even thinking that what they're doing is anything other than smart business (note, I realize no such law would apply to dealers on this board, I'm just saying even raising the concept to them may not make sense, and yes the same can be said of Chinese IP protection which is why we have all these watches but hey I'm a hypocrite so I'll ignore that). Still, it sucks. I'm actually starting to miss Paul's half-assed attempts to undercut the other dealers.

Remember it was once that the 187, 196, all seemed to have a fixed price when they came out. It will come down I think, because I think that since this is not a let's say, 2892, or swiss 7750. those seemed to have a steady price. anything else, seemed to all come down at some time. If we are concerned about pricing, just hold it off, or when Paul, or Jay (like Coolfire said) get their claws on them, then the pricing really may differ, who knows?......but it is a possibility, one can dream, right?

What I find entertaining is that this same thread was taking place on RWI and even after THREE dealers posted, the thread was still moved to the looney bin. You know, the thread where the dealers admit to screwing us was seen as so insignificant that it was essentially chucked away. :blink:

Are we really that stupid?

Wasn't Ruby also able to get this, at a lower price, but coz of some unfortunate 'happenings' isn't anymore?

Not only Ruby can get this watch at a lower price. All dealers could lower the price a 20% keeping a huge profit, but it's easie to make a deal and make all dealers who want this watch to charge a fixed amount or stay out of the game.

Not only Ruby can get this watch at a lower price. All dealers could lower the price a 20% keeping a huge profit, but it's easie to make a deal and make all dealers who want this watch to charge a fixed amount or stay out of the game.

Here's what I've heard. Ruby cannot get this watch. Only four dealers can; Angus, Josh, Andrew and ... King. They're all charging an artificially high price.

Having said that, one of the dealers is secretly selling it cheaper than the rest ... or did I make that bit up to break the trust inside the cartel?

Yes, I did make that up, please don't PM me to find out which dealer. But that's how easy it would be to break their price fixing. :D

No, I didn't make the bit up about Ruby.