When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Superocean Price And Lack Or Movement Pic

ajoesmith

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$308 is a steal for this quality. It blows my mind that these dealers are pumping out this kind of quality and "arm chair judges" with their "watch microscopes" are Arbitrarily declaring that the prices are too high and that they are getting ripped off! I compare back just 1.5 yrs ago and the rolex reps like the YM and the sub were no where near the watch that we are getting today. I remember paying $400 for a speedmaster or a daytona ( before the subdials were realligned ) from dear brother Eddie Lee. These watches are nice but compared to the stuff we are getting now...dont beqruge these dealers their profits as if they owe us anything. Let's say a good watch today should be 210-230 in your estimation(drawn from somewhere in your selfish brains). I say the extra 100 on top of that is well worth the fact that the watch is delivered with such percision and honesty. The fact is if all the dealers got together and jacked up their prices(price fixing) ...you idiots would pay $600 or more for a good rep without blinking. Lets face it we are addicted to these things and junkies find the cash somewhere. For example, it is common knowledge that a lot of us sneek and buy with money we really ought to be putting into our families lives. I remember how excited neil was to bring us that hot , slightly inaccurate, high quality super avenger. He really had to do some work on that project and it is really still my favorite watch. I remember his excitement was not in how much he was making but how much he was pleasing us to put a watch like that in our hands. This new generation of "replica watch snakes" ought to slither under a rock somewhere. Guys like them don't create anything. they are leeches sucking off the work of good men.

20% on what price by the way...

Is it on a gen's price or a rep price ?

If we're talking about 50 or 100$ only then there are 2 ways: "I want it now" or "I'll wait to see if the price goes down"

La patience...La patience.

Cheers

Stephane

I will go for the second option.. without buyer, no reason to maintain higher price (because of the initial investment, because of the new other products on the market, because of the return on investment).. it's just the pricing strategy basis like for each 'real life' business..

but 'la patience a des limites'...

I compare back just 1.5 yrs ago...

Well, don't. We're never going back to those times unless the dealers have their way. :huh:

This pricing is a step back towards those days, and to think the people commenting on flaws don't create anything, ask Angus who corrected the flaws on the HBB. It was those self same picky gits with their 0.1mm complaints, and he actively sought out their help.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ...

What I find entertaining is that this same thread was taking place on RWI and even after THREE dealers posted, the thread was still moved to the looney bin. You know, the thread where the dealers admit to screwing us was seen as so insignificant that it was essentially chucked away. :blink:

Are we really that stupid?

I started that thread and I am essentially done with RWI over the treatment of it. That thread had a TON of replies and views. It was a very popular thread, but apparently it wasn't good enough to keep.

I even donated (quite a bit) to RWI. I'm calling RWG my new home.

Z

$308 is a steal for this quality. It blows my mind that these dealers are pumping out this kind of quality and "arm chair judges" with their "watch microscopes" are Arbitrarily declaring that the prices are too high and that they are getting ripped off! I compare back just 1.5 yrs ago and the rolex reps like the YM and the sub were no where near the watch that we are getting today. I remember paying $400 for a speedmaster or a daytona ( before the subdials were realligned ) from dear brother Eddie Lee. These watches are nice but compared to the stuff we are getting now...dont beqruge these dealers their profits as if they owe us anything. Let's say a good watch today should be 210-230 in your estimation(drawn from somewhere in your selfish brains). I say the extra 100 on top of that is well worth the fact that the watch is delivered with such percision and honesty. The fact is if all the dealers got together and jacked up their prices(price fixing) ...you idiots would pay $600 or more for a good rep without blinking. Lets face it we are addicted to these things and junkies find the cash somewhere. For example, it is common knowledge that a lot of us sneek and buy with money we really ought to be putting into our families lives. I remember how excited neil was to bring us that hot , slightly inaccurate, high quality super avenger. He really had to do some work on that project and it is really still my favorite watch. I remember his excitement was not in how much he was making but how much he was pleasing us to put a watch like that in our hands. This new generation of "replica watch snakes" ought to slither under a rock somewhere. Guys like them don't create anything. they are leeches sucking off the work of good men.

I barely know you and already I don't like you.

Well, don't. We're never going back to those times unless the dealers have their way. :huh:

This pricing is a step back towards those days, and to think the people commenting on flaws don't create anything, ask Angus who corrected the flaws on the HBB. It was those self same picky gits with their 0.1mm complaints, and he actively sought out their help.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ...

Are you serious?! ...$308 for a rep that is ohh soo close...and has an eta movement plus...come on....I challenge you to find any automatic watch(not quartz) on the retail market today that would sell for under $300.00 period. If you could find one that has WALMART on the dial you couldnt get this caliber of watch for $300. And we are getting this quality with the right markings of the best watches in the world. Stealing the commissions away from these guys is not going to get us better watches. It is going to wear down the dealers until they throw up their hands and say..."THis aint no fun anymore, I have given these brats so much and they want more! There is no fun in the business anymore"!

I dont talk much on these boards unless i get stirred by idiots. Idiots often dont like me.

oh well then, that makes sense to me because I am an idiot.

a huge idiot.

and I stink, I have poor hygene which has led to a situation where I smell really bad.

and I find myself attracted to dead people in *that* way.

and I eat my own toenails.

so I hope you feel better about yourself now.

Are you serious?! ...$308 for a rep that is ohh soo close...and has an eta movement plus...come on....I challenge you to find any automatic watch(not quartz) on the retail market today that would sell for under $300.00 period. If you could find one that has WALMART on the dial you couldnt get this caliber of watch for $300. And we are getting this quality with the right markings of the best watches in the world. Stealing the commissions away from these guys is not going to get us better watches. It is going to wear down the dealers until they throw up their hands and say..."THis aint no fun anymore, I have given these brats so much and they want more! There is no fun in the business anymore"!

$150 at silix prime for the latest version ultimate PO with swiss movement.

That's a damn-fine watch, and I'm pretty sure silix is still making money because even though I'm an idiot I gather they can't stay in business selling things for less than they buy them for.

I think the issue with the superocean is they are limiting its availability to try and keep the price high. That's what the discussion is about.

I don't think we're stealing commissions from anyone, but theoretically they could be charging over 100% commission on these watches.

Some will pay, others will not. Some will stay quiet and wait, others will ask "Hey what's up with that".

whatever.

Lets be clear, I keep seeing this $308 price posted on the boards, but the real price is $338'ish. Andrews price of $308 does not include his shippping cost of $30 or $35....I cant remember exactly.

I am not sure what your game is, but whatever it is, keep the facts straight! and $308 is not the true price

Ok to me, $308 + p&p is a fair deal, considering the kind of watch it is. Guaranteed for diving to a certain depth, good AR, very accurate. I don't see that this is a high price compared to a similar price people are paying for the Asian BCE which you buy, praying to the man upstairs that the movement holds out!

It is only $90ish more than the 4th gen PO, an extra $90 for a watch that comes with guaranteed diving design, and is a alot more accurate!

Ok so they might be holding prices artificially high, but you have to remember this is business, they don't owe us anything. We are on this forum, putting input in to these watches because it's our hobby. If I wasn't part of this forum, and I came across the SO at that price I would jump on it! Compare this with the junk that scam site's sell.

However, I do understand what the other side to the view is, but I really believe we are blessed to have such good quality replicas being produced at the moment!

$150 at silix prime for the latest version ultimate PO with swiss movement.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Latest-45mm-Omeg...ean-t17459.html

This PO is the generation before the Ultimate PO.

I challenge you to find any automatic watch(not quartz) on the retail market today that would sell for under $300.00 period. If you could find one that has WALMART on the dial you couldnt get this caliber of watch for $300.

Seiko Monster, $150. SUG Nautilus, under $150.

Also, why would I want a $300 rep when the $200 reps are just as good?

What I find entertaining is that this same thread was taking place on RWI and even after THREE dealers posted, the thread was still moved to the looney bin. You know, the thread where the dealers admit to screwing us was seen as so insignificant that it was essentially chucked away.<BR>
Interesting, why would Admin do that ?
Ok so they might be holding prices artificially high, but you have to remember this is business, they don't owe us anything. We are on this forum, putting input in to these watches because it's our hobby

I thought this forum was set up to protect watch collectors paying artificially high prices as advertised on other dealers sites and for us to share knowledge with one another so we could identify and obtain the best quality. Not provide a haven for dealers to get together and artificially set high prices to a fixed audience.

Maybe we haven't enough dealers and need some more to make it difficult for them to collude?

Or have I missed somehing?

On a personal note I did want to purchase the Superocean after purchasing the BCE but felt it was not worth the price.

Edited by PLATINUM

Lets be clear, I keep seeing this $308 price posted on the boards, but the real price is $338'ish. Andrews price of $308 does not include his shippping cost of $30 or $35....I cant remember exactly.

I am not sure what your game is, but whatever it is, keep the facts straight! and $308 is not the true price

the watch is 308...the shipping is 30... i dont wear shipping on my wrist ..i wear watches...the 308 i quoted is for the watch and i was correct.

Seiko Monster, $150. SUG Nautilus, under $150.

Also, why would I want a $300 rep when the $200 reps are just as good?

Awesome...now you go buy one of those watches...does seiko have a swiss movement? They are not what you want to buy are they? and the reason why is that the REP S.O. is an awesome catch and you want it on the cheap. So guys like you choose to put down dealer prices so you can get what you want without any problem.

Awesome...now you go buy one of those watches...does seiko have a swiss movement? They are not what you want to buy are they?

201407-1558.jpg

Sure I wanted these watches. They're damned good value for money. I own the SUG too. Tritium tubes? At that price? Yes please!

I'm not a Swiss-Snob.

201407-1559.jpg

So guys like you choose to put down dealer prices so you can get what you want without any problem.

No, I just put down dealer prices when I feel we're being taken for a ride.

What I find entertaining is that this same thread was taking place on RWI and even after THREE dealers posted, the thread was still moved to the looney bin. You know, the thread where the dealers admit to screwing us was seen as so insignificant that it was essentially chucked away.<BR>
Interesting, why would Admin do that ?
Ok so they might be holding prices artificially high, but you have to remember this is business, they don't owe us anything. We are on this forum, putting input in to these watches because it's our hobby

I thought this forum was set up to protect watch collectors paying artificially high prices as advertised on other dealers sites and for us to share knowledge with one another so we could identify and obtain the best quality. Not provide a haven for dealers to get together and artificially set high prices to a fixed audience.

Maybe we haven't enough dealers and need some more to make it difficult for them to collude?

Or have I missed somehing?

On a personal note I did want to purchase the Superocean after purchasing the BCE but felt it was not worth the price.

Totally I couldn't agree more. It is a way of having an access to dealers who don't charge over the odds prices.

I consider scam sites to be charging artificially high prices. For $308, you couldn't even get a bad Submariner from half of them.

When I was talking about business, I meant in relation to the whole of their market. We are such a tiny minority of their sales. They can keep the price high by x amount because there are others who will buy this without a second thought.

If they lowered their prices they might sell a few more here, but having a bigger profit margin will pay dividends in the wider market.

I feel it is only because as a community we are so privileged to have access to a variety of good dealers, that this latest commotion has caused such a stir?

201419-1555.jpg

Sure I wanted these watches. They're damned good value for money. I own the SUG too. Tritium tubes? At that price? Yes please!

I'm not a Swiss-Snob.

201419-1556.jpg

No, I just put down dealer prices when I feel we're being taken for a ride.

Those are nice watches pug! I have to admit a great deal! now....take you a piece of paper and do your best to print OMEGA or BREITLING on it, and put it under the crystal or (mineral glass). And that is not worth to you another 150.00 ?...come on....

the planet ocean is no super ocean as it is on the clearance rack! Ofcourse it is going to be cheaper than the newest item on the market. That is really why the prices are higher on these things ...and ofcourse it will lower over time.

Yes we do have good dealers with good products I just hope this isn't the beginning of wider price fixing.

Me too! I think this price is reasonable (just personally) but I must admit, I hope I am not being naive and giving the benefit of the doubt here!

I guess only time will tell!

Yes we do have good dealers with good products I just hope this isn't the beginning of wider price fixing.

Exactly. I feel like this is the point that CJVCMC is missing. The issue is not whether $300 is a ridiculous price for a good rep, or what else is out there for the price. And OK, we get you have $308 to throw around, you're a big man. But I don't think any of us should be pleased to see a trend toward price fixing by the dealers.

I'm not anti-Josh or anti-Andrew or anyone else. But I think it's perfectly clear that the dealers just want to get prices up and they're behind this push, it doesn't have that much to do with anything else despite all the misleading talk of "better steel" (I note a dealer commented in defending the price that unlike other reps, the SO is "really" made from 316L steel -- is that supposed to make us feel better, that they've been lying about that too?) Regardless of whether it's understandable for them to get all they can, I'm not really sure why it's unreasonable for us to voice our displeasure at collusory markups. It's not a good thing.