When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dupont Replica - How To Refill & Change Flintstone

spectron

hi,

i have received a gift from a friend - it's a st dupont replica from china. now i wanted to know with which kind of gas i could refill it. and how to change the flintstones?

thnx, spectron

Depending on the model, you have to use a different refill bottle. These bottles are sold at any AD or smoke shop. There are three colors: red, yellow and... blue or orange, don't remember. In a gen lighter, this color is easy to identify because there's a dot at the bottom part of the lighter (where the refill hole is) but in reps the color is always the same no matter the model. Post some pics and I could tell you the type of refill to use. The Flintstones areFlintstones replaced by moving back wards the bar in the top off the lighter next to the Flintstones. Once pushed back you will see the hole where the stone is placed. Hope this helps.

I have about 10 replica lighters. I once bot the dupont refills but they are expensive. Then I purchased a rbrass efill adapter from Ebay which only fit some ofthe L2 lighters (all my lighters are L2).

Best solution is to go to a smoke shop and get a big refill butane can (Purilite) with plastic nozzle adapters (adapter 2 fits dupont lighters). This option works on all my lighters.

Rei

• 2 weeks later...