When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Strap W. Deployant

docblackrock

Thats a different buckle to the one pictured in the auction he won, completely different logo, are you sure the one he is offering is the one he bought with the croc strap?

[edit] I've sent a message asking if he has a pic of the actual buckle.

Edited by richard_uk

I called the guy on his buckle, my message and his reply are below, seems I'm not the only one bugging him over this, dunno who Simon is but it aint me lol :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the pic, so is this the one you won (3rd one down in your

feedback) last month? if so it's a bit naughty using a genuine pic to sell

a replica buckle.

Simon,

I'm very sorry that you feel you need to use your work email address to communicate without offering your name in a civilised way.

I have asked you for any evidence that my item is not as described, you have not given any (is this slander or libel?)!

I have sent you pictures of the exact item on one of my watches as requested.

I have let you know that I am a regular notifier to ebay of fakes both from WUS and from TZ.

I have sent many pictures of the clasp (as indeed I did on your request) on a strap to all bidders who have asked, might it be that your company cannot sell these items at the cost that my clasp will achieve?

I notice that your company is a regular ebay seller with interest.

Without prejudice, or indeed any respect

AMorris

continued....

I don't know who Simon is mate but seems I'm not the only one calling you

out on this buckle then.

First off, Not your Mate!

Secondly, I really do think you know who your pal Simon is, he is (as you are) harassing me without any legal evidence.

However I have seen your type of assumption before on Watch Collectors Sites. you assume........ you do not ask, and indeed I have done this (not in the way you are now legally doing though).

I have sent you a picture of the Clasp (that's a Clasp not a Buckle) if you would like to take this further please let me know your Company Address and the Directors names.

I really think you are embarrassing your self now.

I can assure you I have no idea who Simon is, and I'm not exactly harassing you am I? if you're so sure your "clasp" is genuine why use a 'stolen' photo from Ofrei and not one of your own? I'm not the one who should be embarrassed here.

continued.....

Without Prejudice.

Simon,

The Picture that I sent you on request is a genuine picture of a the Deployant clasp that I am offering for sale, I have sent this picture to any potential buyers that have requested it.

I really am bored with this harassment now (a further reply without company details will legally indicate your harassment).

Please (if you wish) now offer me your company details for legal action.

You may assume that I have records of these communications recorded within a compliant CMS.

In future it might be better to ask/communicate rather than Assume.

seems he still thinks I'm Simon, is this someone from here? anyone got any ideas for a reply?

Edited by richard_uk

I have asked you for any evidence that my item is not as described, you have not given any (is this slander or libel?)!

Well first of all slander and libel are torts, they come under defamation. So no it's not. This would be covered in contract law.

Have you offered him any personal information? Does he know your ebay account or anything like this? If he doesn't, I would just ignore him!

It sounds like you have rattled his cage by calling him out, and he is over reacting!

I would personally not reply to him, if he has no information of whom you are, then its probably best left as it is?

Well he does have a genuine receipt for £150 Omega buckle from Goldsmiths!! Think this is a genuine sale a got some pretty good pics through and it looks genuine!! Different from the one in his feedback!!

Think you guys need to email and apologise!! ;)

Edited by gargoil

This confirms exactly what I was thinking last night, seeing how cocky he was I thought he probably has a genuine one to back him up if anything went wrong for him, if he can take photos to pass around after he listed it why can't he take them for the auction, because the one he is selling is a rep. I have had no more replies from him the last email I sent him, maybe he is busy building his case against me LMAO.

Because of the Law related email provider he noticed on my email address he asked me for advice...

"Hi gargoil,

I wonder if you would be kind enough to let me have the benefit of your professional advice.

Last night I received a number of rather rude emails suggesting that I was attempting to sell a replica item.

Normally this would be water of a ducks back for me (as you know a lot of people are rude and assumptive), however I am getting over an operation at the moment and maybe because of this I was rather upset.

Sorry, my question is; is it possible to sue/complain to the authorities about harassment from individuals or is it only possible to make complaints against companies/organisations?

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

P.S. good to have groups like yours out there I will be sure to visit your website. "

I advised him this....

"You cannot personally take legal action over harassment as it is not a civil case. The only way to deal with harassment is to contact the police and make a complaint under the administration of justice act. Best possible action is probably to complain to the originators of the emails ISP provider. Ie. Who provides them with the email address! Can't really be harrasment if its only a few emails though!"

I think he is selling a genuine item but I wouldn't have bid on it if I noticed what doc noticed in his feedback. Agree his language and defensive manner scream UNTRUSTWORTHY. there is also a breitling earlier in his feeback that looks kinda dodgy!

Edited by gargoil