When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my watch collection

deltatahoe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great collection DH with an even better write-up :tu:

One question....the SC strap on the 217....you say 'gold stitch', assuming that's the same one Drew describes as 'copper' right? Or are we talking a discontinued stitch colours here? :unsure:

Oh and it pains me deeply to see that old version Ti Chrono Avenger, as I've been looking for one for years now without your luck :cry:

Great collection Delta :)

I think we have similar taste, great pics also... keep em coming!

it's funny -- i was thinking the exact same thing when i looked at your collection :lol:

Great collection DT with an even better write-up :tu:

One question....the SC strap on the 217....you say 'gold stitch', assuming that's the same one Drew describes as 'copper' right? Or are we talking a discontinued stitch colours here? :unsure:

Oh and it pains me deeply to see that old version Ti Chrono Avenger, as I've been looking for one for years now without your luck :cry:

thanks doc; re: the europelli strap, you are correct -- it is the black strap with copper stitching (thanks for the catch -- i've updated my description).

deltatahoe

(thanks for the catch -- i've update my description).

deltatahoe

As well as 'updating' my incorrect abbreviation of your ID ;)

Funny how the brain reads things, not Hoe as in garden tool but Tahoe as in the Lake, right?

cheers

DBR aka DRB aka BRD aka....ah, who cares anyway :lol:

p.s. can I have bagseys (first option) if ever you go insane and cast out your Avenger?

As well as 'updating' my incorrect abbreviation of your ID ;)

Funny how the brain reads things, not Hoe as in garden tool but Tahoe as in the Lake, right?

i was wondering if you would catch that :D

you're right -- it's tahoe (as in the lake), not hoe (as in garden tool or bitchy/slutty woman). it's funny how many people respond to my posts with "deltahoe". anyone who's ever been to the california delta (origin of the delta portion of my name) knows there are bunches of hoes out there; even though i'm a guy, i might actually need counseling after being called deltahoe so many times :lol:

p.s. can I have bagseys (first option) if ever you go insane and cast out your Avenger?

absolutely, although it's easy for me to give you first option given i don't plan on getting rid of it. it's become my tennis watch ;)

deltatahoe

Well, now you made me curious about the bracelet of the IWC 3717.

For everybody else who is thinking the same, here are the official pics.

283709-9830.jpg

Looks much like the Omega SMP Bond bracelet (that I think is great ;-))

Would it not be great if a rep version of the IWC 3799 Top Gun would exist?!

I think that like the (boys dreams) Bond watches it would fly for dealers !!!

283709-9831.jpg283709-9832.jpg

(I guess if you're real creative you could PVD a 3717 black and put it on a soft strap...) :rolleyes:

Deltatahoe, great collection. That's wonderful that you picked up the 1016 from Repaustria. What a great watch (had my eye on it for my father).

Best regards :D

hmm....this is a good thought....maybe i'll put a feeler out to see if my dad would have any interest in the explorer....given its small size, it's not getting as much wrist time as it should at the moment. it is such a well done, unique piece -- i just couldn't NOT get it...

my dad may have you to thank for a new watch euno :victory:

deltatahoe

absolutely, although it's easy for me to give you first option given i don't plan on getting rid of it. it's become my tennis watch ;)

Hmmm...

That might explain your overextended backhand, which will, if not corrected, mean your mixed doubles game with Mrs Deltatahoe will fall apart, and due to your failings, she'll then partner up with Javier the pony-tailed pro at your club, who'll recommend extra 'practice', whilst billing you for the privilege.... :unsure:

You can of course, avoid this unfortunate scenario by selling said offending watch to me ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
That is the way you do it right there. If anyone wants to know what a complete replica collection looks like you just found it. But delta, please humor us and give us a group shot if you would. That will be a sight to see!

i've thought about doing a group shot before, but i can never seem to photograph multiple watches at once with any success :wounded1: anyone have suggestions on that front? :g:

i've been meaning to take some "family" photos with watches from each brand, but just haven't gotten around to it -- at any given point in time it seems like i've always got at least one watch off at the ziggy-spa or being AR coated...

anyways, i'll do my best to try to take some group photos and/or a full-on group shot and post it here :victory:

deltatahoe

• 1 month later...

Can't help you there. Distance and detail of subject makes it very difficult to get everything sharp except with no depth of field and then nothing is sharp except one spot anyway. Watches are funny like that. You would think you could just cabk off to a more landscape view and refocus and everything could be easily sharp but it ends up putting you in the worst possible position actually...

i've thought about doing a group shot before, but i can never seem to photograph multiple watches at once with any success :wounded1: anyone have suggestions on that front? :g:

i've been meaning to take some "family" photos with watches from each brand, but just haven't gotten around to it -- at any given point in time it seems like i've always got at least one watch off at the The Zigmeister-spa or being AR coated...

anyways, i'll do my best to try to take some group photos and/or a full-on group shot and post it here :victory:

deltatahoe

how's the quality of the watch boys black alligator strap on your PAM 183?

from the photo, it looks fantastic! i'm thinking of buying a gator strap for my IWC ;)

i think the watch boys gator straps could quite possibly be the best value strap for the money -- it is a really high quality strap. and kurt is an extremely nice guy; i wouldn't hesitate to buy a gator strap from him for your IWC for a second ;)

deltatahoe

• 1 month later...