When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Pam 129 1950 for 7K on Ebay?

Craytonic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panerai-Pam00127-1950-...1QQcmdZViewItem

OK, my first post in this section. Have been thinking of getting a real one. I have the super-duper one from EL. The one in the auction looks real in every way but something is off... but can't place it.

I flip over the rep on my wrist and it hits me... same serial number on my rep as the auction E0581/1950. BUT the movement on this one is more correct. Humm....

Anyone else think this is fake? The matching # is too big a coincidence. Could someone notify Ebay? I have no idea how to do so.

Looked at it some more... I bet it is one of the original movements dropped in a rep case. Certificate looks exactly like the one I got from eddie - the printing is just a little hazy. The only thing strange is that the # on the box matches the # on the watch!

1/1950 chance that it is real I guess.

i remember a while ago one of our dealers offering an original movt. perfect fiddy rep for around 2000 dollars. if the serials match our reps, this is definately one of them....

It was Eddie Lee, and it had the same 581 serial number as this one.....

it is a gen box! it has the little lock which only gen boxes have!

also who told you it doesnt have superlume and A/R coating? it is worth the exact same, the case is the same, it has sapphire and so on... the only thing which might be an issue is water resistancy but i think that has been done too (its a job every watchmaker can do

the only thing you dont have might be genuine papers! but i say [censored] them papers! be smart and do the franken pam yourself, then you dont have to pay top dollars for something like that! its a freakin watch to wear, NOONE will every be able to tell its part fake (probably not even an AD! after inspection) and you got a great watch which doesnt lack anything compared to the one with genuine papers!

i still dont think the seller even knows its fake, [censored] i wouldnt know and honestly i wouldnt care if i saw movement is gen and everything else seems about right!

if you want something solid, dont buy of freakin ebay, go to an AD and buy there, than you dont get grey market stuff without S/N or anything like that

Edited by slay