When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica pens

krim

Hi,

I got 2 MB pens from Josh. I am less enthusiastic about MB pen reps than for watches. The packaging (and as far as I see everywhere) is terribly cheap : finishing, serigraphy, assembling, booklet pictures...

The pens are quite OK : I have a Copernicus fountain which really does the job and looks nice and heavy, except that the MB insigna looks too greyish and is not smooth enough (pity, as that's the most important), and a Solti ballpoint which looks cheap and badly finished from any angle :-) But OK, for 35 dollars shipped.

Just to say that I am collecting rep watches but surely won't do the same for pens. What I saw is not convincing me at all.

I would be interested in knowing other's opinions.

Hi,

I got 2 MB pens from Josh. I am less enthusiastic about MB pen reps than for watches. The packaging (and as far as I see everywhere) is cheap. The pens are quite OK : I have a Copernicus fountain which really does the job, except that the MB insigna looks greyish on not smooth enough (pity, as that's the most important), and a Solti ballpoint which looks cheap and badly finished from any angle :-) But OK, for 35 dollars shipped.

Just to say that I am collecting rep watches but surely won't do the same for pens. What I saw is not convincing me.

I would be interested in knowing other's opinions.

I agree, I got one from Trevor from RWI and the same feeling. I hear they have gotten better. However, i am impressed with what i am hearing about Sash pens. His seems to be the only ones that take gen refills. I will try him soon. He is here under Sashwatch dealer section.

I have a Solti BP pen from Josh and it is the best pen i have.

Hi piratedzeus,

no offense in what I said... :wounded1:

But For pens I would say I may think I have some good references : I own 2 gens (a boheme and a mozart), and of course I am extremely attentive to any detail. And the finishing on the Solti I got is average...still the pen's nice and will surely please the friend I will offer it to.

Concerning packaging, it's definitely crap (sorry), but who cares ?

2 pics to show what I mean with details : look at the serigraphy on the box and the silver insert on the pen. There are plenty of details like this.

The Copernicus is much better, I only have to complain a bit on the MB insigna.

218316-15171.jpg

218316-15172.jpg

Hi Corgi,

you can't find such beauty as a rep... Too complicated. If someone finds it, I'll buy it right now !!

The reps which are pretty OK (according to pics I saw) are the Copernicus and Starwalker (except the too round star). I read many good reviews on Starwalker series.

For the Boheme, I can't be objective, I own a gen, and I find the reps not correct (although nice).

Generally you will be called with fountain pens as none is correct. If you wish to stick to reality, the best compromise is a ballpoint or a roller.

@Kenberg : your pens look great ! The boxes also look different from what I could see already. How much for the Starwalker on the top ?

Thx, and sorry to mods if trade should maybe continue somewhere else. :unsure:

PS : Corgi, there are more noble symbols of France than hens... :bleh:

PS : Corgi, there are more noble symbols of France than hens... :bleh:

I am at the mercy of the forum admins with those images.. at least for the duration of my VIP membership :)

Kenberg said that he has almost any kind of MB pen. To me, this includes the complex ones like the pope. If someone here had a rep pope, oh boy would I buy that fast...

@Corgi my supplier did not in fact have the pen but is at this moment calling in all contacts to try and find one.

@Pix look at the watch on your wrist, I assure you the Chinese can copy anything, also if you want prices you need to contact me privately.

Ken

Thx Ken.

Well, as far as pen are concerned, as I said above, I have for the moment a mixed feeling. But maybe it was just the bad manufacturer.

Here some shots of the Copernicus I will keep (you have seen the Solti I will leave).

Also a quick shot of my gen Boheme.

Have a look on the third pic, you'll see the only default I mentionned on the Copernicus. Some won't notice, I see only that...

For a perfect copy of pen, I'm ready to spend up to 80-100 dollars.

Actually I haven't seen one (again, just mentionning ALL fountain pens)

218414-15150.jpg

218414-15151.jpg

218414-15152.jpg

I got it from him too.

No diamond on mine, but a black diamond or something like this... Looks great.

BTW, I'm a lefty (is that correct ?), so fountain pens are more for the fun as far as I'm concerned. I can't say mine writes well, still have to train it one or two monthes !

Don't you have any defect on the Star ?

...However, i am impressed with what i am hearing about Sash pens. His seems to be the only ones that take gen refills. I will try him soon...

Erm, not so true on that... ;) In fact, dealers like Kenberg, Jay, Josh, Andrew all have MBs which take in the gen refills. Even the rep ones which come with the pens write pretty well, I must say... :meeting:

Lovepanerai,

I love your Boheme pens ! Their size and shape just make them sexy ! :Jumpy:

What about the quality of the MB insigna on your reps ?

Pity that they can't rep the gen quill (hope it's the correct word) and the diamond's shape. Otherwise, it looks perfect. I do love it !

@Pug : what's your feeling about the box ? Was there a booklet with it ?

@piratedzeus : the Starwalker is probably one of the best rep. I remember of a review. The differences seem to be : the squares are closer on the gen, the white MB star is too round on the rep (the only real issue) and it seems that the pin is not plain.