When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replying to $3295 Watch for $77 ??

Thor

I see these watches on the auction sites now and then was wondering if they are really that good at a huge discount or the msrp grossly inflated ?

NEW LOUIS BOLLE AURORA AUTOMATIC Mens WATCH $3295 MSRP BIN $77

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What do you guys make of it and the Automatic TY-2712MS movement w/ 25 jewels ?

:unsure:

I like this watch and may buy it. Does anyone know info about the Automatic TY-2712MS movement w/ 25 jewels?

From what I have read on this board the LOUIS BOLLE watches are basically crap.

Ken

looks like the glasshute reps

They are Chinese made POS. Same quality as a $10 rep. :closedeyes:

LoL ,Sheesh.Thanks for the tip guys.Was really thinking of buying some.

:crazymofo:

I can't even find where a "TY-2712MS" really exists as a bona fid movement.

Million Smart LTD and only worth $12

...but at least the decoration looks nice !

:closedeyes:

I have a Louis Bolle Rose Gold Informer, the watch looks great and keeps good time, cost around 100 dollars. I wore it every day and the rose gold wore off after a few months, so I sent it back to them and they sent me a brand new one. the watch looks like a million bucks and gets LOTS of compliments, but I wouldn't wear it every day, it isn't built for that. for the cash though, it looks pretty expensive :)

Isn't this a 2893 movement? it sure as hell looks like it? do they make asian coppies of that movement? cause that would mean that all of our reps which contain that movement would now be questionable as being worth as much as they are?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Louis-Bolle-SOLSTICE-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

it is most definetly a seiko movement! looks exactly like the one my JLC reserve de marche got in it

• 9 months later...

Yeah.. This was an old thread, but I did a search for Louis Bolle to see what you guys said about it here.

I have read a lot of pros and cons around the net now, (a lot of them in this blog http://www.fratellowatches.com/archives/20...6/another-scam/ ) , and I am tempted to buy a $80 S.U.G Nautilis or a Louis Bolle of some sort. I find them beautiful watches, but there's still the question of the movement. S.U.G automatics are listed on ebay with citizen movements, but has anybody here actually bought one and could comment on these?

Of course, the MSRP of $3000 is a laugh, but not caring about their marketing strategy I don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't comment on the SUG but I have a Louis Bolle I bought on the Bay. It's a Gevril Avenue of America's/Frank Muller lookalike it really hasn't gotten much wrist time but it a solid looking watch for the money, keeps great time, definitely could pass (without close inspection) for a much more expensive watch. Just my 2 cents I'd say take a chance on it would make a great beater.

MK08