When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO 45mm Rubber strap

Pugwash

Seeing as I needed a rubber strap, just like BJB wears in that gambling movie, I decided when seeing Silix advertised them I would get one. Then I saw the postage price and decided not to, until I saw that someone proposed a group-buy of sorts. Good idea, thought I, and ordered four, knowing three people in the UK/EU would take the other three.

So, the postman rang the doorbell this morning, waking me from my morning after the night before (Yann Tiersen concert ... went on late) and handed me a packet with some straps in.

Anyway, on with the pictures!

Ooh, a package.

238768-10509.jpg

It's got straps in it!

238768-10510.jpg

Close up

238768-10511.jpg

Soon to be transplanted.

238768-10512.jpg

Fitted on my Ultimate PO.

238768-10513.jpg

Wrist shot. A little big?

238768-10514.jpg

It feels very good and fits the watch as well as you'd hope. However, I feel on my 6.25" wrist, it seems a little large as it sticks out of the ends of the watch. This is a good thing for the larger wristed as it really looks like it should be on this watch. For us skinnier guys, it may seem like you're wearing a watch that's too big for you. I'll revisit this opinion after having worn it a while, however.

Fitting spring bars is a little tricky, but with a bit of force, you'll manage.

Should you get one? Sure, it's a very good price for what you get. The three co-conspirators in the group buy will be getting theirs in a few days so they can also write reviews. :D

@pug-- Did you ever have the 42.5mm PO with a rubber strap? I'm curious to know how that would compare with the 45mm for those of us with dainty and delicate wrists. My own wrists are 6.5", and I've got on a 42.5mm PO now. Love it, but the thing is huge on me. I just ordered the 20mm rubber strap, and I'm hoping it's not going to look like I borrowed my dad's watch.

Heh,

i just PM-ed Pugwash today if he recived the straps and whats his first inpression only to tell me he dont have them yet ... little i know after 10 minutes another PM telling me a package arived to him and he send me a photo of it next to the watch :) ... thx for ultra fast picture update ! :victory:

Looks awsome m8 ! This item is now nr.1 on my list hope me and some other members can join up for the next group order ! :whistling:

Regards laz

you beat me to the punch pugwash....was intending to do a similar review for my group buy, but ended up working late last night...for those from my group buy reading this post, your straps will go out in the mail today :victory:

Good review from Pug and once again "thank you" Delta for doing the mini GB. I can't wait to put them on mu PO. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I will compare this rubber strap to the one from my Ferrari. :p

Oooh. I was trying not to think about mine winging its way towards me as I type.

At last the Planet Ocean saga is complete.

PS. Just an observation. I still have the first of the two 20mm rubber straps I received with the ill fitting 45mm Asian PO from 'Trusty' over a year ago. I left it lying on a bookshelf and forgot about it while doing a lot of construction and decoration work in my house. I found it the other day covered in plaster dust. I gave it a quick rub down and I swear the dust coating has given it a smoother, silkier feeling texture.

Might be a tip there - try dusting your PO rubber strap in talc for that soft, genuine-like feel....

Oooh. I was trying not to think about mine winging its way towards me as I type.

At last the Planet Ocean saga is complete.

PS. Just an observation. I still have the first of the two 20mm rubber straps I received with the ill fitting 45mm Asian PO from 'Trusty' over a year ago. I left it lying on a bookshelf and forgot about it while doing a lot of construction and decoration work in my house. I found it the other day covered in plaster dust. I gave it a quick rub down and I swear the dust coating has given it a smoother, silkier feeling texture.

Might be a tip there - try dusting your PO rubber strap in talc for that soft, genuine-like feel....

Not quite my friend, not quite....;)

Talc is not a bad idea - as well as touch, I also think there must be something you can do in terms of its anti-static properties to avoid attracting dust in the first place, hmmm :g:

Nice pics Puggy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A nice looking rubber strap, I also recived mine from Silix some days ago, some pics here.

I tried to wash the rubber strap with some silicone ( a quick polish set for shoes..) It seems to work well, need to see how it works out in the long term though.

239422-10373.jpg

BTW I'm not completely happy with the strap. Pic below shows why. When i strap it tight on my wrist and and I move my wrist then the rubber comes out of his place. Have this on both sides. When I do the strap looser than it happens less but still comes out when I move my wrist very much. Also the clasp feels kind of cheap and omega logo is alligned (thank god!) but look that it is stamped. Sorry for my bad english. hope you understand.

239698-10315.jpg

BTW I'm not completely happy with the strap. Pic below shows why. When i strap it tight on my wrist and and I move my wrist then the rubber comes out of his place. Have this on both sides. When I do the strap looser than it happens less but still comes out when I move my wrist very much. Also the clasp feels kind of cheap and omega logo is alligned (thank god!) but look that it is stamped. Sorry for my bad english. hope you understand.

239705-10314.jpg

You are not the only one with that problem! The same happens to the strap that i bought from silix, what a let down! :wounded1:

You are not the only one with that problem! The same happens to the strap that i bought from silix, what a let down! :wounded1:

I think everybody has this problem well maybe the guys with the gen straps has not.

- "Nice watch you have, Rolex?"

- "O-meg-a, but the silix rubber strap on it sucks" ;)

I think everybody has this problem well maybe the guys with the gen straps has not.

- "Nice watch you have, Rolex?"

- "O-meg-a, but the silix rubber strap on it sucks" ;)

Oh dear, strange as I know Jay had a gen strap to make this from - just shows the tolerances are extremely low. But yes, no problems with gen strap in this respect.

BTW, is it just me or is that line in CR referring to his co-ax SMP? It's not clear, but by the time he's on the train, he's suited and booted on his way to the Hotel Royale, and therefore has already submitted his 'patina'd' PO for the Antiquorum auction ^_^

Calling r11co, come in r11co ;)

I had the same problem (strap flexing away from the case) with my strap. I solved it by squeezing in a thicker springbar, 1.78mm I think. That solved the problem. Now, I can strap it thight on my wrist with no flex whatsoever. :)

I had the same problem (strap flexing away from the case) with my strap. I solved it by squeezing in a thicker springbar, 1.78mm I think. That solved the problem. Now, I can strap it thight on my wrist with no flex whatsoever. :)

interesting. i noticed that the springbar was loose on mine too and figured that was the problem (the other side of the strap didn't have that issue & the springbar wasn't loose); i tried wrapping my springbar in masking tape to make it thicker, but couldn't get it to go in the strap without the masking tape peeling off. now that you've confirmed that this fixes the problem, maybe i will try some more sturdy tape this time :g:

I'm pretty sure I have thicker-than-stock spring bars in mine (tough to fit in the rubber) as I changed them when I put a leather strap on it. I have seen the bottom strap pop out, but only when I tighten the strap way too tight.