When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Mont Blanc

P4GTR

Pardon if this should've gone in off-topic, this seemed like the best subforum.

Take a break from watches for a moment and check out this Mont Blanc Nicolaus Copernicus Fountain pen from Joshua.

Not identical by any means, but a nice piece none the less. Very nicely weighted, and it writes oh-so-smoothly.

253416-6956.jpg

253416-6957.jpg

253416-6958.jpg

253416-6959.jpg

253416-6960.jpg

253416-6961.jpg

253416-6962.jpg

253416-6963.jpg

253416-6964.jpg

Gen-

253416-6965.jpg

253416-6966.jpg

Hi,

I found the Copernicus rep pretty good, and heavy, unlike many rep pens.

I bought one some time ago and have 3 remarks :

- the nib is acceptable but as on your pics, far from reality. I would advise the roller, as it takes original refills. The "Paris" mention is a bad idea on a German pen.

- the Star logo is not plain white but there are various shades of white (due to the ink used), which make it look fancy. But most people won't notice it

- box and manual are ... *cough*... POS ! :)

But for the price, it's not bad at all.

I acquired the rollerball from TTK about 1 1/2 years ago and I still marvel at the look and feel of this pen every time I use it, really superb.

I got the FP for my mom-in-law and for a rep nib it wrote very well, I was surprised. However, rep FPs are not recommended, the nibs are generally awful compared to gen, I have 2 other rep FPs that are not writable.

I bought two of these from Joshua along with two Cartier fountain pens. Although they aren't the best fountains you can buy in terms of writing precision, they are wonderful pieces of jewelry to own if you're a man. Especially these models which, when closed, are nearly indistinguishable from their counterparts (unless you happen to run into a high-ranking Mont Blanc employee from Germany). I got the grey+gold+diamond combo and I get complement after complement. It's weight is really a testament to its quality, and unlike the pens offered by some of our board's less-popular collectors, unscrew and feel very realistic.

The main problem with these pens is not their quality or closeness to original. No, what really is disappointing is how few of them are offered by some of the larger-scale dealers. For months Josh and Andrew (and even wo-mart) have stuck to several examples with no expansion in sight. I hope that someone will one day realize that there is a market for this type of stuff, especially when its offered at competitive prices such as those from the dealers above....

Hi Corgi,

do you own a gen Montblanc ? (no negative meaning in my question)

I agree with you with the overall quality of the Copernicus and also regarding the dealer things... But I personally keep on thinking that rep pens (including this one) are far from the originals and will easily be spotted by a Montblanc fan (I am one of these :blush:) , unlike watches which are really amazing as far as quality/replication is concerned.

The rings of the Copernicus rep are not so well adjusted (at least mine) and will get loose easily.

I would like to see super-rep-pens coming ! :lol: Yes, there's a real market : these pens cost 40 dollars for the most expensive, and I would easily spend up to 100 for a real good rep. And no, we don't need neither cr*py boxes nor fake papers, that's just making the price higher for something that will land in the dustbin anyway.

For those who are interested in pens, here's a slightly longer thread on the subject : http://www.rwg.cc/members/Replica-pens-t22864.html

I bought the rollerball version of this pen. Very nice, but the gen replacement cartridges don't fit my version. They are very close, but slightly too long. I might try to shorten it a bit with a knife to see if I can squeeze it in.