When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc 2000m

Casey

hence, it should say T swiss made T on the dial.

Gorgeous watch. The Tritium thing is odd on this watch because it was built before, during and after their switch away from Tritium, therefore there are some models with T SWISS MADE T faces, some without. The odd ones are the watches without tritium on the dials but with tritium on the hands.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous watch. The Tritium thing is odd on this watch because it was built before, during and after their switch away from Tritium, therefore there are some models with T SWISS MADE T faces, some without. The odd ones are the watches without tritium on the dials but with tritium on the hands.

your right about the black s/s and the ti, but the white only came in s/s with the mixed dial. it had a very short production due to extremely poor sales.

your right about the black s/s and the ti, but the white only came in s/s with the mixed dial. it had a very short production due to extremely poor sales.

Thanks for that. I love learning new stuff. :D

It's strange the white-faced one sold so poorly. It's a stunner.

Some information from my watch reference book.

GST Aquatimer

Reference number: 353601

Movement: automatic, IWC C.37524, (base ETA 2892-A2); 25.6mm, height 3.6mm, 21 jewels, 28800 vph

Functions: hours, minutes, sweep seconds, date

Case, titanium, 42mm, height 14.5mm, undirectionally rotating bezel with 60 minute scale, sapphire crystal, screw in crown, water resistant to 200 atm

Band: titanium, clasp with security button

Price: $4000

Variations: in stainless steel.

here's some more info :

The GST Aquatimer movement was based on an ETA 2892 base. This time, the movement was IWC calibre 37524 and significantly enhanced by IWC. One magazine, WatchTime, reports that IWC’s changes to the base movement were such that “you could almost describe it as a total revision….Nearly all critical components long the path form the escapement to the mainspring are removed from the movement and replaced with corresponding components from IWC’s own manufacture.” In 2003, the GST Aquatimer’s movement was redesignated as IWC calibre 30110, due to significant changes in finishing, including changing from gold plating to nickel plating as traditionally used in many of IWC’s classic movements.

29552-193.jpg

29552-194.jpg

About the white dial:

They were only available in 1999, the first year the Aquatimer came out, and only in stainless steel. While commonly referred to as "white," the dial is really a very light silver color. I would guess that less than 1000 were made, but that is only a wild guess.

and here's how the crown works

29552-195.jpg

Edited by chrono903

Thanks Chrono903,... Very Interesting information,... I hope the reps stay true the crown screw design,..

I was surprised how they did reproduce the band link change out mech., so I do have hope.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

your welcome! and i am glad about that bracelet too. for all the praise it gets in the IWC circles, it appears easier to rep than the much maligned oyster. My funds are short right now, i bought a trusty PO and pam 111h and a TTK sub, but i will get an AT for sure soon.

Edited by chrono903

That's very exciting: Screw down yes , Screw down no.

Keep us updated.

In any case , the bigest flaw of the watch is the bezel's feel and look , and the solution to that is ...... really hard.

@AMK000:

Okee dokee that would be my next question: On my gen aquatimer I have to push down the bezel first before turning it. Otherwise it is locked. I guess the rep comes with a 'normal' workin bezel just with clicks?

To all purchased (and received) the new 2000: Please keep us updated if the crown is screw down or not :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@AMK000:

Okee dokee that would be my next question: On my gen aquatimer I have to push down the bezel first before turning it. Otherwise it is locked. I guess the rep comes with a 'normal' workin bezel just with clicks?

Q: Does your gen IWC Aqua has an inner bezel or an external one (eg like this from Eddie or any RX Sub) ?

If your gen has an inner bezel then you are talking about a different IWC model.

If your gen IWC has an external bezel (eg like a sub) , then I doubt that the bezel on the rep has that function. I believe that the bezel on the rep only turns anticlockwise.

But again , the bigest problem on the bezel of the rep is the color and look of it (... it has some kind of funny "water" shades. mixture of black and dark grey , quite visisble, which of course they do not exist on the gen).

Note: I do not have this rep since I have so many watches and this is not a priority for me.

Everything that I am saying here is only by looking carefully at the photos.

FOR INFO!!!

The new iwc has screw down crown!!! I couldent bellive it i got mine today and i love it and the crown screws down form the inside of the case verry verry smoth and nice!!!... Ed most have been drunk when i asked him...

Truly good news to get the definitive scoop! Mine has arrived back from whence it came, so it is being resent with the phone info added to the address. Kudos to River for very quick action! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is definately a project watch,.. but an easy one.. the bezel paint can be evened in so many ways...

I will also look for another face..don't think a gen will fit it though,.. unless they made it in two sizes...

Because the bezel is not a push in.. fazes me in the least..this is a rep after all..

The good newz is it has a solid case, great movement, and excellent band.. the hands are pretty

good as well.

This is definately a project watch,.. but an easy one.. the bezel paint can be evened in so many ways...

I will also look for another face..don't think a gen will fit it though,.. unless they made it in two sizes...

Because the bezel is not a push in.. fazes me in the least..this is a rep after all..

The good newz is it has a solid case, great movement, and excellent band.. the hands are pretty

good as well.

I just caught up on this thread as I think this IWC is a great rep. Can anyone comment on the size of the rep compared to the size of the gen?

DT, you mentioned that you wanted to see if there was a band that could be used on this watch. With a little modification to any 'normal' band, you should be able to add a strap. Here is an example of someone who put a band meant for a Panerai on an IWC Ingeniuer by cutting the ends. The case is similar on the Aquatimer, so you should be able to do it but cut out the middle instead of the ends:

33756-39825.jpg

TomBombadil, thanks,.. that is a great looking combo..

I have also been tinkering with pam straps on other brands... I believe it works out

very well, not only in comfort, but in looks.

I can't understand how so many watch companies, which are now making the larger watches.. like the

45mm PO for instance that will not make their lugs wider to compensate for the extra weight and girth.

I'm now designing a band that Aaron said he would put together for me...

I really appreciate that about him.

• 3 weeks later...
I just caught up on this thread as I think this IWC is a great rep. Can anyone comment on the size of the rep compared to the size of the gen?

DT, you mentioned that you wanted to see if there was a band that could be used on this watch. With a little modification to any 'normal' band, you should be able to add a strap. Here is an example of someone who put a band meant for a Panerai on an IWC Ingeniuer by cutting the ends. The case is similar on the Aquatimer, so you should be able to do it but cut out the middle instead of the ends:

45684-37270.jpg

Wow.... thats quite possibly the ugliest Ingenieur I've ever seen. A leather strap does not belong with that watch. Thats horrible!