When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Homer's Navitimer - fantastic Rep?

Esteban

the subdial in the rep overlaps the tick marks. the gen doesn't touch the tick marks.

Not with the older rep model. See:

Genuine mid-90'S Navitimer:

29177-264.jpg

Older "Serie Speciale":

29177-265.jpg

The placement of subregisters is very accurate in the "Serie Speciale" rep... when compared to its genuine counterpart.

Rep 6'o'clock subregister:

29177-266.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

The "Serie Speciale" is the one with the "Breitling Fighters" back??

I remember that these had "Messerscmitt" mis-spelled as "Messer1477" or something... A major fault on an otherwise very nice rep.. At least that kept me away from spending 300 USD on it...:(

Hi,

Please find 2 pictures of my navi rep. I bought it from Homer. I'm not a photograph expert and the pictures are not very good ! But pictures not done by the dealer himself might give more confidence !

Hope this will help you to decide whether Homer's navi is fantastic for you or not ! For me, no question, I'm very satisfied !

Much better pictures are available at Homer's gallery.

post-1218-1145549971_thumb.jpg

post-1218-1145550015_thumb.jpg

Not with the older rep model. See:

Genuine mid-90'S Navitimer:

Older "Serie Speciale":

The placement of subregisters is very accurate in the "Serie Speciale" rep... when compared to its genuine counterpart.

Rep 6'o'clock subregister:

is the second picture a rep? what the difference between serie speciale and mid 90s navis?

No, both pictures are from a genuine.

Wait for my full review, it'll answer all your questions. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday (if I have time). All I can say: The SERIE SPECIALE rep has correct subdial spacing and it's very good rep.

Here's a pic of the rep (and what version you should be looking for):

30514-40576.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

IMHO, "Homer's Navitimer" (also stocked by several other dealers) is a much closer rep than the Breitling Fighters Serie Speciale. Reps are reps so we can't expect perfection but there are some serious flaws on the Fighters model. Namely...

There are 3 ticks between second marks instead of 4 (should be 1/5th second measure, not 1/4)

The ticks along side date window should not be present

The lower half of the subdial hands are too long

Case/strap is polished steel but should be a brushed, matt finish

Date wheel font is, as usual, wrong

Breitling logo is too deep (should be about 2.8:1, not 2:1 across:down)

Edges of slide rule bezel should be more pointed, not flattened out

and worst of all

Messersch14177 61109, not Messerschmitt Bf109 engraved on case back.

In contrast, "Homer's" Navitimer (based on the current gen) is near perfect in looks. The (minor) flaws I can see are...

Hour/seconds hands look a tad fat (could be just the photo)

Subdials eat into tick marks a fraction too much

Subdials should not have a ridge before curving up to face (could be just the photo)

Hour numbers (when used) should be sans-serif, not serif.

The date wheel font still looks a bit off to me but better than most.

I was going to buy one of these from Narika last year but he didn't have the batons model available.

The only caveat to this is the reputation of the Asian 7750 movement. Someone (The Zigmeister/BRJ?) recommended having any 7750 serviced immediately on arrival, adding maybe 50% to the cost but putting years on the life expectancy of the watch.

This thread's given me the Navitimer bug again but having just bought a gen Sinn 103 TiAr today, it may have to wait a month or two!

Anyway, glad to see a few more members are considering something other than a Pan/sub!

f4juk/Paul

IMHO, "Homer's Navitimer" (also stocked by several other dealers) is a much closer rep than the Breitling Fighters Serie Speciale. Reps are reps so we can't expect perfection but there are some serious flaws on the Fighters model. Namely...

There are 3 ticks between second marks instead of 4 (should be 1/5th second measure, not 1/4)

The ticks along side date window should not be present

The lower half of the subdial hands are too long

Case/strap is polished steel but should be a brushed, matt finish

Date wheel font is, as usual, wrong

Breitling logo is too deep (should be about 2.8:1, not 2:1 across:down)

Edges of slide rule bezel should be more pointed, not flattened out

and worst of all

Messersch14177 61109, not Messerschmitt Bf109 engraved on case back.

In contrast, "Homer's" Navitimer (based on the current gen) is near perfect in looks. The (minor) flaws I can see are...

Hour/seconds hands look a tad fat (could be just the photo)

Subdials eat into tick marks a fraction too much

Subdials should not have a ridge before curving up to face (could be just the photo)

Hour numbers (when used) should be sans-serif, not serif.

The date wheel font still looks a bit off to me but better than most.

I was going to buy one of these from Narika last year but he didn't have the batons model available.

The only caveat to this is the reputation of the Asian 7750 movement. Someone (Ziggy/BRJ?) recommended having any 7750 serviced immediately on arrival, adding maybe 50% to the cost but putting years on the life expectancy of the watch.

This thread's given me the Navitimer bug again but having just bought a gen Sinn 103 TiAr today, it may have to wait a month or two!

Anyway, glad to see a few more members are considering something other than a Pan/sub!

f4juk/Paul

The Serie Speciale really should come with brushed case and finish. But the dial, bezel and subdial spacing is very accurate when compared to the standard model (early 2000's). There's also mid-90's "Fighter's Special" edition available which is a bit different too. I try to make good comparison shots and find the differences.

Thanks for the input.

I have the serie speciale. The date window is too small and not beveled as with the gen, and the date font is incorrect and too small. The bracelet is not bad but it is a bit cheap-feeling and looking compared to the real thing IMO. On the other hand, the AR is nicely done and the overall quality is high. The dial is nice, other than the date window.

I agree with the previous post that this is a very good rep, but it is far from indistinguishable from the gen in terms of look and feel.

I just got my Navitimer from Josh last week. Great rep. Movement is just like the gen. I got one with the blue dial and sticks.

Minor flaws: Date wheel is set too deep and has wrong font. The lume isn't that great.

The nice thing about Breitling's are that they are not extemely well known. And, those who know about Breitling probably have never seen a gen. And the complexity of the slide rule on the Navitimer is visually distracting and causes one to not notice the date window and wheel.

How does one order from Josh? Trying to get all the sites down. The thread also gives me the Navi bug!

The nice thing about Breitling's are that they are not extemely well known. And, those who know about Breitling probably have never seen a gen. And the complexity of the slide rule on the Navitimer is visually distracting and causes one to not notice the date window and wheel.

hello,

i think many people will recognize a breitling navytimer. breitling advertises a lot (at least here in austria) and the navitimer is in my eyes one of the most widely known "luxury" watch models. at least in europe...

minor issues, of course, are no problem as long as you don't hand it over... and even then it takes a watch collector.

The "Serie Speciale" is the one with the "Breitling Fighters" back??

I remember that these had "Messerscmitt" mis-spelled as "Messer1477" or something... A major fault on an otherwise very nice rep.. At least that kept me away from spending 300 USD on it...:(

on the PT version there's still the mistake. barbarians... or geeks. maybe it is 13375p33ch :yeah:

Edited by Hok