When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of BREITLING Navitimer "Serie Speciale" OUTDATED MODEL!

By-Tor

By-Tor, great review would be an understatement, great articles you write for us and the boards, and your photography gets better and better.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just got my serie speciale and for the life of me i cant adjust the bracelet. Anyone shed some light, or are the bolts just screwed on mine. Was hoping to get some advice before destroying the band.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, emailed joshua and he got back with me in 10 minutes. For any future Breitling newbies you have to remove 2 screws on the same link, pull the single link off then the single link off the opposite end. Watch out you'll be dropping 3 little links when you pull it out.

Edited by supermanx

Ok just got my serie speciale and for the life of me i cant adjust the bracelet. Anyone shed some light, or are the bolts just screwed on mine. Was hoping to get some advice before destroying the band.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, emailed joshua and he got back with me in 10 minutes. For any future Breitling newbies you have to remove 2 screws on the same link, pull the single link off then the single link off the opposite end. Watch out you'll be dropping 3 little links when you pull it out.

I was going to add something about the bracelet to the review as well, but decided not to. I found the Breitling bracelet very easy (although very time consuming) to resize. You also have to be sure that the links go to the bracelet correct way (i.e brushed side down). Otherwise the links don't go smoothly into the holes.

Those small attachment screws are very easy to lose as well. Make sure you won't drop anything when you do the resizing job. With all links intact Navitimer bracelet barely fit on my wrist. If you have exceptionally HUGE wrists you'll need extra links from your dealer. I believe that's worth to mention.

I kept looking at it and expecting the individual posts to come out the other end, in order to remove a complete link. Didnt realize the links where all individial little pieces. The only things ive notice is the the bracelet is alot stiffer then gen, and occasionally kinks when off. Also the latch is VERY tight, might have to get a the file out and trim a hair off so can get the bracelet off easier. Other then that and not reseting to 12:00 everything is perfect. Beautiful watch, this is my first rep (and a Sub LV) and all I can say is they are superb (and if they can make reps this nice why have I been spending 25x more on gens.)

Have you had the case back off yet (was that it in the pictures) ?

Do you know which asion 7750 is in it, 28,800bhp ?

I haven't opened the watch but I'm 99,9% sure it looks like this. My watch is over a year old so it's most likely the old movement version.

54859-35646.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
*****THANK YOU****** for posting instructions on the slide rule features. Man, I've been looking for that with a vengence!

Great review, BTW. I've experienced some *slight* reset problems on my Navitimer 3-6-9 stick rep. The reset will be a bit dodgy when times are under 30 minutes but after a 30 minutes run it resets properly.

I don't have the ticking timebomb issue. Infact (and perhaps it is that I worked in aviation a long time) I can barely hear it.

Jon

Am I in need of new glasses or is this Seri Speciale from Joshua sporting a reversed B on the chrono second hand.

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=742

Am I in need of new glasses or is this Seri Speciale from Joshua sporting a reversed B on the chrono second hand.

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=742

You're right. This is the old ugly flaw which apparently has been "rediscovered" again. About a year ago almost all Breitling reps suffered from the "reversed B". Very rare to see it in the new watches. :(

I just received my very same rep from Andrew last week. I really like this watch. I struggled with the 3-6-9 or 6-9-12 sub spacing, but ended up on the 6-9-12, after reading that an ETA 7750 is an easy swap with no mods.

Anyway bracelet was a [censored] to re-size, not hard but very time consuming as By-Tor mentioned. So far the 7750 is accurate and chronos and resetting all perform as it should, i'm keeeping my fingures crossed.

Ironically Breitling is the reason which brought me to seek out good quality replicas, but I ordered 12 other watches before buying this one :D

I just received my very same rep from Andrew last week. I really like this watch. I struggled with the 3-6-9 or 6-9-12 sub spacing, but ended up on the 6-9-12, after reading that an ETA 7750 is an easy swap with no mods.

Anyway bracelet was a [censored] to re-size, not hard but very time consuming as By-Tor mentioned. So far the 7750 is accurate and chronos and resetting all perform as it should, i'm keeeping my fingures crossed.

Ironically Breitling is the reason which brought me to seek out good quality replicas, but I ordered 12 other watches before buying this one :D

Hey guys check this out! :bounce:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=6109

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jon

• 7 months later...