When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom Rolex 1680TT

avara

Here is how this watch came together:

Vintage custom case from Repaustria. Rounded edges, reworked CGs, ding here and there, polished a couple of times, polished reahaut. The case has been then modded with Rolex bezel assembly to accept genuine 18k gold bezel. the Rolex gold bezel was then fitted with a genuine Rolex bezel insert.

I have installed an OEM Rolex tube and a genuine Rolex triploc crown. For the movement and dial I just dropped in one from EL's TW Best case TT Submariners. The case was fitted with a genuine Rolex 127 acrylic crystal.

The whole thing was finished off with a heavy aftermarket solid 18k gold / SS Oyster bracelet with the best of the clasps-buckle I found in my watch box.

The idea of doing a TT 1680 came from a custom TT 1680 I've seen at a shop nearby. I know the dial and the pearl is more like the Transitional 16808 Submariner, so we can call it a 16808 with a Rolex 127 acrylic crystal.

The case is excellent. Kudos to Repaustria. When you unscrew the case back, it even has some markings from a watchmaker in it with year 1984 and some other writing inside.

Here are few pics. I am not a photographer, so excuse moa...

HPIM1206.jpg

HPIM1208.jpg

HPIM1209.jpg

HPIM1212.jpg

HPIM1210.jpg

HPIM1211.jpg